Search results

1. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help out. You gave me some very interesting ideas to check into and my designer and I made numerous calls to see if any of your suggestions would work. At the end of the day, we've decided to go with the Toto Aquia. It's one of the few stylish toilets...
  2. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

wjcandee, I'm looking for the Toto Aquia and Maris that you're referring to. If I'm understanding correctly, you mean the Aquia and Maris that sits on the floor, not a wall hung version, correct? Thanks.
  3. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

Reach4, I actually called Geberit after seeing your diagrams - and they were extremely helpful. The skirted toilet is not an option because the Duravit Starck 3 is the only one that hooks into the monolith (at least for now) and that totals, as the diagram indicates, 28 1/2 inches. The top...
  4. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

Thanks again - but I'm still a little confused. The Geberit is just over 4 inches and the Toto Aquia wall mount is just over 21 inches - so this would be great if I can do it. But here's where my lack of experience and overall understanding gets in the way: right now the bathroom has been...
  5. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

Yes, that's exactly right. I would probably prefer the Toto Legato which uses the Unifit, but it's about 28 1/2 and it's worth choosing the 27 1/2 Aquia just to save that inch. And, Reach4, my designer, who is more like an architect, was very comfortable the the Nameeks at 23.42 was somehow...
  6. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

Thanks to everyone for all of this great info. I'm still in the process of investigating them. The Nameeks and the Geberit are very interesting but I'm really looking into whether the net result would be in the neighborhood of 24 or 25 or 26 inches. If not, then I'll probably end up with the...
  7. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

Thanks, Reach4. That Nameeks toilet is very interesting looking indeed! Terry/Reach4, just so I'm interpreting it correctly, does this mean that if I add 17.7 for the toilet and 5.72 for the tank = 23.42 inches, is that the finally number - or is there anything that I'm not taking into...
  8. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

Thanks, Reach4. A wall mount would solve my problem completely! But it's a total non-starter with the building. Appreciate very much your response.
  9. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

Thanks, HJ. We're completely stuck, in that this is in a condo that won't allow anyone to move the piping. So it sits 10 inches from the wall - and we can't move the wall back or the piping forward. There are 400 other apartments in the building, so the only option is a toilet that will fit...
  10. NoviceRenovator

10-Inch Rough-In

Hi All, I'm in the middle of a gut renovation (prior to which I'd rarely even replaced a light bulb!), so that will give you an idea of how stressed out I am right now! On the bright side, I have a terrific GC and designer, so that's 95% of the battle. They recently told me that, in a bathroom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks