Search results

1. BostonDan

Expansion Tank - needed or not????

Thanks everyone for the replies. This is great information and help. Appreciated.
  2. BostonDan

Thanks for replying - Just checking that my understanding is correct - when cities/towns as add check valves at the water meter, the check valves will not allow expansion back to the mains so an expansion tank is recommended as a way to absorb excess pressure. Correct?
  3. BostonDan

I've seen expansion tanks installed with boilers but never hot water heaters. There is already a pressure release valve on the hot water heater. Is there an advantage to adding an expansion tank to a hot water heater? Just curious.
  4. BostonDan

Boiler Insulation

I just wrapped my hot water heater and was wondering if wrapping my boiler in a similar fashion (leaving the vents open) would be beneficial. Has anyone done this and are there any concerns using fiberglass or mineral wool to wrap the boiler? Thoughts????
  5. BostonDan

Boiler Aquastat & Switching Relay Upgrade???

Dana - This is exactly the type of information I was hoping for. - Thank you very much.
  6. BostonDan

Boiler Aquastat & Switching Relay Upgrade???

Hi - I was wondering if my old boiler can be modified to be more energy efficient by swapping out the Aquastat and Switching Relays with 'smarter' units. Currently my system is an old Utica PGB150A Boiler that is controlled by a HoneyWell Aquastat type L8148J (*Zone 1*) paired with two...
  7. BostonDan

Help - wiring wrong

After going through the relay block diagrams, I wired the (X - X) terminals on the White Rodgers 829A-832 in parallel with the (X - X) terminals on the Honeywell RA832A. I now have heat in all 3 zones. I did not add the jumpers between 1 & 3.
  8. BostonDan

Help - wiring wrong

Confused by response Wouldn't pulling the wires off b1 and b2 disconnect control to the boiler, causing it to never fire for any zone and placing jumpers between terminals 1&3 cause the blower on RA832A to never stop running?
  9. BostonDan

Help - wiring wrong

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've now had three companies out to service my boiler and one of my zones still doesn't function properly. I have three zones, zone 1 and zone 2 works fine, but zone 3 only achieves heat when another zone 1 or 2 fires up the burner. Zone...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks