Help - wiring wrong

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by BostonDan, Dec 26, 2013.

1. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've now had three companies out to service my boiler and one of my zones still doesn't function properly.

I have three zones, zone 1 and zone 2 works fine, but zone 3 only achieves heat when another zone 1 or 2 fires up the burner. Zone 3 will continue to cycle the circulator pump until another zone fires the burner and desired temperature is achieved. I'm 99% sure that the boiler was never wired correctly and I may not have the correct aquastat and relays to achieve the job. I have a Honeywell L8148J Aquastat/Relay, Honeywell RA832A-1041 Relay, and White Rodgers 829A-832 Relay.

Attached is a wiring diagram of my current setup. I'm 99% sure that this is not correct. Can anyone/someone please provide advice on how I should proceed?

Thanks again and looking forward to your response - BostonDan.
    Heating_System_Wiring_Diagram.jpg

2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Confused by response

Wouldn't pulling the wires off b1 and b2 disconnect control to the boiler, causing it to never fire for any zone and placing jumpers between terminals 1&3 cause the blower on RA832A to never stop running?

5. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Leave the internal blue and red! pull the wires running to x,x. You need to jumper between 1&3 on the relays.

6. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

After going through the relay block diagrams, I wired the (X - X) terminals on the White Rodgers 829A-832 in parallel with the (X - X) terminals on the Honeywell RA832A. I now have heat in all 3 zones. I did not add the jumpers between 1 & 3.

7. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

If you didn't add them they are already in place. 3&4 make the switch.