Search results

1. edjerum

Replace Laundry Water Valves Without Cutting Wall?

I am getting a new washer and was thinking I would like to replace the current valves with quarter turn ones. Good idea? Can I do so without opening up the wall? Recommended valve? Thanks!
  2. edjerum

Leveling Americast Tub

American Standard tech told me this morning to only use the silicone under the base and that the text saying it was okay to set in mortar was in the process of being removed from the instructions. He said the silicone will help with leveling and make the tub solid.
  3. edjerum

Leveling Americast Tub

I'm installing a American Standard Princeton tub as part of a remodel. Subfloor is about 1/8" low on the drain side. I planned to set the tub in Easy Sand 90 and use shims to level the tub, but the AS instruction say to use silicone beads for leveling. If I do this it doesn't seem like I could...
  4. edjerum

Tub Drain Removal Help Needed

:DLaughing my head off because I'd already tried your solution and had given up because the drain didn't turn after some trying and I was concerned I would break off the prongs if I used more force. After reading your post I went for it and got it loose and out. Took quite a bit of forced but...
  5. edjerum

Tub Drain Removal Help Needed

Replacing a tub as part of a Remodel and can't get the drain out. Everything else is free. Drain has only 3 prongs so drain tool doesn't work. Suggestions appreciated.
  6. edjerum

Leaking Drain Pipe in Washing Machine Box

Thanks very much for your help.
  7. edjerum

Aha! So main problem is leaking faucet. Do I need to do anything with the drain pipe? THANKS!!!
  8. edjerum

In a rental property, I just discovered that the drain pipe in the washing machine box has been leaking for sometime. The photo with the red circle shows where water is leaking out of the joint between the collar in the box and the drain pipe. What is the best and easiest fix for this leak...
  9. edjerum

Crimp or Clamp? PEX

Thanks. Any tips for removing the old crimps?
  10. edjerum

Crimp or Clamp? PEX

I have to replace the leaking hot water shut off valve in my RV shown in the picture. 3/8" PEX. I'm planning to cut out the pex and plastic valve, but would like to only replace the section between the T and the hot water heater. The system uses crimps currently, but I'd rather use clamps as the...
  11. edjerum

Tying in Dehumidifier to Crawl Space Drain Pipe

Thanks for explaining. I don't want to have to run a separate pipe to the outside, so I will tie it in to an existing sink drain in the crawl space. Is there some kind of fitting I can get to transition from the dehumidifier tube to the pipe that will go into the T connection?
  12. edjerum

I should be able to do that. Could you explain 1. What is DMV pipe 2. What is "daylighted to the exterior of the house"? Thanks very much
  13. edjerum

I bought the plastic to do that four years ago but never completed it. Good idea. Thx
  14. edjerum

Crawl space in my home is musty so we've started to run a portable dehumidifier to lower the humidity down there. It's working well, but manually emptying the drain pan by going down to the crawl space is too frequent a task. The unit has a pump that will route the water through a plastic tube...
  15. edjerum

Replace Toilet Fill Valve Attached to Rigid Fill Line

I went with this approach. Was too much effort to try to salvage the Brass valve and tubing. Looked nice and matched the color of the sink faucet but time to move on. Thx so much for the help.
  16. edjerum

Replace Toilet Fill Valve Attached to Rigid Fill Line

I need to replace a leaking valve, but the lines it attaches to are rigid so I'm having trouble getting it off. Would appreciate comments on how to proceed.
  17. edjerum

Toilet Repair - How to Proceed

Thanks. "Double wax" means use two wax seals?
  18. edjerum

I've removed the screws and plan on replacing with longer screws once the floor is dried out. By "get the plastic funnel out of there" are you referring to the black plastic piece on the bottom of the toilet? Do I trash it or does it get reused? Thanks.
  19. edjerum

Our guest bedroom toilet is leaking and I'm not sure how to proceed with a fix. As you can see from the photos water has seeped under the vinyl floor. I have examined the flooring from the crawl space and no water penetrated and the osb is solid. It looks like only the top layer of the the osb...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks