Search results

1. bain

Water heater - external damage

Well that's an interesting way to put that! I hadn't really considered the current one a time bomb..
  2. bain

It's tempting too because its around an 80% discount.. There is a floor drain not 5 feet from the water heater's location, but I'd imagine there would still be quite the mess if the WH were to fail.. Edit: hey dj2 you joined this site 13 days before me back in 2013! Edit2: and reach4 joined...
  3. bain

I expected some opinions from both sides, and to be honest I suppose it is anyone's guess unless the unit were to be opened up and inspected. The basement isn't finished yet, but should be within 5 years with any luck and we basically use the basement now despite it not being 'finished'.. I'm...
  4. bain

The 26 year old Rheem is still working just fine too! I wasn't in the market for one but a buddy purchased this and it won't fit his closet. It was still wrapped in the original plastic when he got it, including the dent.
  5. bain

Is this water heater likely safe and functional despite the external damage? I have a chance to purchase this extremely discounted unit, which would replace a 50gal gas Rheem from '94. This is the unit...
  6. bain

Noise insulate Fleck 5600sxt & tank

Thanks, i had overlooked your reply until now. I don't think this house/neighborhood will ever have issues with too much pressure. But you mentioned setting the pressure, I guess some people have to use a flow restriction device? I'll try replacing the drain line with something with a larger...
  7. bain

Noise insulate Fleck 5600sxt & tank

Fleck 5600sxt 1.0cu media and standard blue bottle tank. The regeneration process wakes us up each time it runs at 2:00am, and there isn't a time of day to program for when the house is empty due to weekends, holidays & vacations so it pretty much needs to run in the middle of the night...
  8. bain

Fleck 5600 SXT & hard water

BLFC is .5 GPM According to your guide I should change BW from 10 to 5 RR from 12 to 5 BF from 10 to 6 These changes and my hardness setting going from 34 to 9 all reduce the frequency of regeneration and salt usage, so I'm still not sure why I experienced hard water break through before...
  9. bain

The Hach test kit arrived, my source water is 9 gpg, and the treated water is 0. However these awesome results are after 4 regeneration cycles over an 8 day period. What are the recommended settings going forward? Below is what I currently have set ( I now know the hardness setting is way...
  10. bain

Gary, Thanks for the reply, I had been planning based off the average rates, not maximum, I will adjust my line of thought here as that makes sense. I attached the water quality report. The maximum Calcium & Magnesium were 116 & 73 mg/l, which according to...
  11. bain

Ordered straight from Hach. Anything I can check while awaiting shipment?
  12. bain

Fleck 5600SXT - Purchased Oct 2010 I've had hard water the last several weeks, and finally looked into it after a house guest mentioned how soft our water used to feel. There are 2 adults and 1 toddler in house. My settings are below Unit capacity set to 25k (actual 32k 1.0 cuft)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks