Search results

1. Casualfc

Long run for refrigerator water line (questions) & where, how many shutoffs?

Current refrigerator water line is saddle valve to flexible copper that is probably bent more than it should be and I just don't trust it, so I'd like to replace it. Because of where it comes off the supply, it runs at least 50 feet (guess) across an accessible basement ceiling. I haven't found...
  2. Casualfc

Shower Handle turns, and I hear water but nothing comes out of the shower

I have a stall shower (no tub faucet) in an area of my house that doesn't get much use. The shower has its own shutoff valves due to no heat in the winter (converted garage bathroom, I'm in New Jersey). Recently when I tried turning the shower on, I heard the water in the pipes, but nothing...
  3. Casualfc

Can’t remove ABS/PVC shower drain

I’ve had a slight leak below my shower drain and I’m in the process of redoing the caulking. I checked the drain and there is a chip in the edge of the flange and inside I can in the area where the gaskets are I can see the gasket has shifted. I tried the tool from the new drain but it won’t...
  4. Casualfc

To insulate, or use shut off valve?

I am in the Northeast and have a garage converted into an apartment that I use occasionally as an office. There's no HVAC, just electric baseboards. There's a full bath. Recently I had a pipe burst and shoot water through a few walls. This was quickly fixed. As I removed the drywall, I followed...
  5. Casualfc

Can 2 lights (same circuit), 2 switched, be converted into one switch?

I have a 3 switch plate on my wall. One switch is for an indoor light switch ( 3 wire, as there are 2 on the same line). The other 2 switches are two separate outdoor light fixtures. I would like to install an in-wall timer that controls both outdoor light sets at the same time. Is this possible?
  6. Casualfc

Water temp varies throughout house

Brand new house, so lots of new tech I'm unfamiliar with. Water temp is fine on all sinks. On both showers, though, the hot is not really hot and it gets cold quickly. Water heater is set at a normal temperature. I've heard of anti-scald shower valves but don't know much about them. I believe...
  7. Casualfc

low pressure- hot and cold faucet…

A month or so ago I had a faucet with a nasty leak (or two). I couldn't find parts, so I replaced the whole thing. It worked out fine for quite a while. No leaks, good pressure. Suddenly a few days ago, the pressure dropped by almost half on both the hot and cold sides. I have a 2-handled...
  8. Casualfc

Leaky faucet; handles won't come off

My bathroom faucet is probably at least 30 years old, compression type. My best guess is that it's a Price Pfister. It's the type with the long white porcelain handles. Right now there's a drip from the spout. This morning it was occasionally leaking underneath on the cold water side. The main...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks