Search results

1. OZ324

Not an S Trap?

Thanks to all. Gonna modify the vanity so the trap falls below the bottom shelf. Not ideal, but will meet code and be done right.
  2. OZ324

Not an S Trap?

Feel dumb asking, but Is this also an S trap?
  3. OZ324

Not an S Trap?

Well darn. So my trap needs to go below the shelf huh?
  4. OZ324

Not an S Trap?

The access hole in this new vanity is higher than the rough-in drain. See pic. Modifying the vanity isn't the problem. I'd like to avoid having the trap go below the bottom shelf. Can I put a 45 on the drain and run up the outside of the wall or is that basically creating an S trap? Hope this...
  5. OZ324

What’s yours opinion on tandem breakers

Doing a basement complete remodel and prepping for electrical work. I need to wire three separate spaces for lighting and all the outlets. One is a bar. No bedrooms. Bath already has a separate breaker. Thanks.
  6. OZ324

Basement bath rough in diagram

Thank you Terry. I've decided to hire a pro. I'm comfortable with most common plumbing jobs but this is too big for me. Your site is still my favorite.
  7. OZ324

Basement bath rough in diagram

This picture is pretty close to how my new basement bathroom layout will be. Does it look correct? Only difference is my incoming vent is 1 1/2 in.
  8. OZ324

Bathroom exhaust ducting plan

Drip out? I thought it was to be slopped away from the fan so can't come back towards it. I assumed water in the low spot would evaporate over time. It won't be a heavily used bathroom either.
  9. OZ324

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but you all have been so good with everything else I thought it worth a shot. I'm in the process of roughing in a new bathroom in my basement. I'm looking for feedback on my exhaust fan plan. Bathroom is 5x11, eight foot walls. The fan will sit...
  10. OZ324

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but you all have been so good with everything else I thought it worth a shot. I'm in the process of roughing in a new bathroom in my basement. I'm looking for feedback on my exhaust fan plan. Bathroom is 5x11, eight foot walls. The fan will sit...
  11. OZ324

Moving a bathroom in the basement

Additionally, the chase will house the exhaust fan duct to where it exits the building now, which is right next to where the vent pipe is. This saves me the trouble of finding a new exit point. Appears the most labor intensive aspect of this project will be breaking up the slab. And a lot of...
  12. OZ324

That is exactly right. Basically moving everything to the left. Awesome, thank you. I like your thinking. I plan on building a bar where the current plumbing is. This will attach to a new media room. I'm remodeling the entire basement with the main goal of air sealing and insulating the...
  13. OZ324

Sorry for the lack of clarity, I try to get right to the point in my posts since I'm certain you've read variations of them dozens of times. What you're seeing in the picture is the current original rough in for a basement bathroom. It's horribly placed in the middle of the room. I want to...
  14. OZ324

The pipe on the right is the vent, correct? Can I reroute it 16' to the left or is there a rule against to many bends? If that's not doable, would an AAV be appropriate? I may be able to run a new vent but would be very difficult. Thanks
  15. OZ324

Just thought of something else. I have access to a clean out outside as the pipe runs to the septic tank. If I measure to the bottom of that and then calculate the distance to the main stack in the house I should be able to get an approximate depth below the slab, no?
  16. OZ324

I'm asking if they can tell me if it's possible first, and I would pay for that time. I'm planning on doing the demo but not the install. I figured most plumbers would jump at that since all the hard work would be done.
  17. OZ324

I have a shower stub out and measured to the bottom which equalled 20". I subtracted 4" for the trap so I'm guessing the plumbing is buried approximately 12-16" below the slab. If I move the bathroom 16' I'll need to drop 4" to get to the old work. If I install the new plumbing 4" below the...
  18. OZ324

Was driving home tonight and the slope problem hit me. The actual distance is closer to 16', meaning I will need to drop four inches from the new line to the existing. Is it possible to find out how deep the current line is without breaking up the floor? How deep does the new line need to be...
  19. OZ324

I'm pinging for opinions on a basement bathroom project. Full gut and remodel of my basement, air seal and insulate and a bunch of other stuff. The original bathroom rough-in is in a bad spot - roughly center of the space (total basement is about 1000 Sq/ft). It's an ugly eye soar and just...
  20. OZ324

Should I replace copper pipe?

I'm getting ready to redo my basement and wondering if I should change out some of the copper lines for pex. House was built in 2004. Picture attached. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks