Search results

1. garrry

Decorative drain beneath glass vessel sink

I understand the need for the threads, I was just hoping someone knew of a manufacturer who provided one inch of them, rather than three inches, for this kind of situation. You have a point about the plating - I probably should reconsider the drilling idea. Thanks. The sink is in a powder room...
  2. garrry

Thanks, Terry. Actually, I was planning just to drill out the grid holes to make them a bit wider. I'm nervous about a pop-up drain, because there is no overflow. Is there a way to deactivate the ability for the pop-up to close? So no drains without threading? Is there anything like a sleeve...
  3. garrry

I am installing a glass vessel sink that will rest on a glass shelf, with no cabinetry beneath it. It will connect to a brushed nickel bottle s-trap coming out ot the wall. The s-trap and the drain below the sink will all be visible. All the sink drains I've found have about three inches of...
  4. garrry

Planning for bidet seat with wall-mount toilet

I am adding a powder room and will be installing a wall-mounted toilet. I want to be able to use a bidet seat on it. I am pretty much settled on the Toto Aquia, because it has good reviews and a very short (21") depth for the small space it has to fit in. I already have a Biobidet seat that...
  5. garrry

Quietest toilet?

That's a good suggestion. But blowing insulation into the spaces behind sheetrock with fireblocks between the studs is a major pain, and besides there is the matter of the door. Maybe some kind of bank vault thing...
  6. garrry

What exactly is a glazed trapway?

The ads I've seen for the Toto Drake I just got said that it has a fully-glazed trapway. I thought this meant that the glazed finish of the bowl was continuous all the way through the channel that the waste will go down. But when I put my fingers in there, the surface seems considerably...
  7. garrry

dumb questions about installing drake

The toto drake I bought last week has two things in its installation instructions that surprised me. I've only done a replacement once before, so I'm a little nervous. Toto recommends putting the wax ring on the toilet, rather than on the floor, which I've never heard of. Does this work...
  8. garrry

Quietest toilet?

OK. I couldn't deal with both the social commentary and the wisecracks, so I bought a Drake this afternooon. (appreciate the San Raphael recommendation, JK60, but other people's experience with the Ingenium have been uneven, and I didn't want to risk it.) i supose I prefer loud rude noises to...
  9. garrry

Quietest toilet?

I'm more concerned with the flush than the fill because the sound of running water if I'm serving dinner is not as disconcerting as the archie bunker sound of flushing. Plumbing is cast iron. I agree that i don't want a sloppy flush. I was hoping to get both quiet and neat. Is that not a...
  10. garrry

Quietest toilet?

Because the one bathroom in my house is right next to the living room, I wanted the quietest flush possible. I installed a Kohler Rialto, which is very quiet; it barely murmurs when you flush it. Unfortunately, that's its only good quality. Double flush is almost always necessary, bowl wash...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks