Search results

1. ToolsRMe

Crouse Hinds Electircal Panel Screws

Well, thanks to the people here who told me that Siemans purchased Murray which purchased Crouse. The screws are Siemens ECTS2 Cover Screws for Siemens or Murray Load Centers Thank you all.
  2. ToolsRMe

The Square D replacement screws do not fit in that they have, I think, a larger diameter than the original screws. I saw a similar question posted on another forum and someone suggested retapping the panel's screw holder. Obviously, I'd rather not do that unless I have to.
  3. ToolsRMe

What the inspector wrote in his report was: I removed the panel cover and he was quite right. He also caught a bunch of other safety issues that are more difficult but, fortunately, less annoying to repair.
  4. ToolsRMe

I own a a Crouse Hinds Type 1 Electrical panel. The previous owner removed the panel screws and replaced them with sheet metal screws. I want to sell my house and the buyer's inspector flagged it as a safety issue. The Square D replacement screws do not fit...
  5. ToolsRMe

Backflow preventer. Basic questions

What was such a pain was that it had already been installed. That was my fault for not thinking it through. The copper that goes to the manifold was some kind of "flexible" 3/4" copper that they ran through the foundation wall. It then made a right-handed turn to run alongside the exterior...
  6. ToolsRMe

I did that already. What a pain. I had called the manufacturer and one of the engineers said "It has to be level". I then asked "What does that mean? How much angle is allowed?" The guy said "None." Which, of course, is a silly answer ... but I couldn't get anything like +/- 5 degrees...
  7. ToolsRMe

Depth of poly? Depth of drip line?

Thanks for the answer. Perhaps I'm not using the correct terminology. The drip line (drip hose?) I'm taking about is the black plastic stuff you poke holes into and then put a flow button and then the 1/4" drip stuff into. What are the right names for these things and where should they go?
  8. ToolsRMe

I installed both PVBs correctly ... so this is for my curiosity more than anything else: If the PVB is installed "too low", can polluted water flow backwards into my house or will it just dump water? If there are shrub risers (there are) that are above the PVB, can't the water in the riser...
  9. ToolsRMe

Depth of poly? Depth of drip line?

Does it make sense to trench as little as 2 inches for irrigation line? What's the recommended depth? Is there a maximum depth for poly and/or drip?
  10. ToolsRMe

Odor of gas

It is a combination CO and gas detector. I probably need to move it higher on the wall.
  11. ToolsRMe

Odor of gas

This is most interesting and informative! Thanks! Is there any way to measure whether we have enough open windows/doors? Barometer?
  12. ToolsRMe

Odor of gas

I know this is really stupid but I want to make sure: Does it have to be --- windows AND doors or can it be --- windows AND/OR doors ?
  13. ToolsRMe

Odor of gas

Many thanks for your answer. For a properly operating thermocouple, how long should it take for the thermocouple to detect that the flame has gone out? Does the thermocouple only detect the heat of a pilot light or does it also pick up the heat of the burners? Thus it would take longer...
  14. ToolsRMe

Odor of gas

I have a whole-house fan. Occasionally, when I turn it on, the pilot light goes out on one of my two water heaters. Then I smell gas. The fan is in a crawl space attic. The heaters are in my basement. Question: Should I smell gas if the pilot goes out? Or is it normal to smell gas...
  15. ToolsRMe

Fixed two leaks, but no water coming out.

On my controller, the LCD display would indicate "OFF" if any of the control wires to the valve are cut.
  16. ToolsRMe

Heads "ooze" water after cycle ends

OK, that clears up my question. Thanks.
  17. ToolsRMe

Heads "ooze" water after cycle ends

I don't understand this answer. (a) What code? Are we talking about backflow preventers? (b) Shouldn't the backflow preventer ooze when there is backpressure and not gravity flowing to the lowest head? (c) Is the anti-siphon valve(s) the same or different than the backflow preventer?
  18. ToolsRMe

Fixed two leaks, but no water coming out.

On my system what had happened was that the gfi circuit breaker popped on the circuit going to the timer. The timer was running off of batteries but the valves would not turn on. Needs more power than a 9V battery can supply. Turn on the valve "manually" from the timer. Have someone near...
  19. ToolsRMe

Locating automatic sprinkler control valves

In my house the water tees in the crawl space. Therefore I have two backflow preventers. Thus I had a set of six valves on one branch of the tee and three on the other. Also look for the controller wire. On my house the wire ran along the exterior wall so that it was minimally exposed...
  20. ToolsRMe

Starting up sprinkler repair

In the last two months I have learned a lot about irrigation. Irrigation is more complicated than household plumbing. I'd say it is at least five times more complicated. That is, I could teach my daughter the rudiments of household plumbing in four hours. It would take me twenty hours to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks