Search results

1. Cscjjd

Brass Compression Coupling

Hi, I will be buying a 5" brass compression coupling to re-join two sections of 3/4" copper pipe (which is my water supply into the house). I'd like to know what preparation should I do to the pipe before installing the coupling. Also, any buying tips would be appreciated (brands I should...
  2. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

Hi, I have a 100 ft. roll of 1" PEX-A. I am going to cut off a 30 foot section. I will need to unroll and straighten the 30' section so it will be as straight as possible with no curves left in it. (I will have a few days after cutting it before I will need to use it.) Does anyone know any...
  3. Cscjjd

Pipe diameter and water

Hello, My question is about pipe diameters and how it affects available water in the home. I will be replacing a 35 foot section of supply line which is connected to 1” diameter pipe on the supply end and 3/4” at the other end (going into the home). If I use 35 feet of 1” pipe followed by a 1”...
  4. Cscjjd

Copper water supply line

Hello, I will be replacing part of my home's underground water supply line and I have a few questions... 1. Will I be able to sweat a new fitting onto the 3/4" copper going into the home using a propane torch (to replace the compression coupling in the photo below) ? I am wondering if the...
  5. Cscjjd

Dressler coupling, Help identify fittings

Hi, I need help identifying some of the components on my main water supply line into my house. Here's what I know: #1: 7/8 o.d. copper going into the house #3: short length of the same #4: cutoff valve installed in 2018 Here's where I need help identifying the type of...
  6. Cscjjd

3/4" PEX through 1" PVC

Hello all, Is it possible to use 1” schedule 40 PVC as a conduit for ¾” PEX? (it would be less than 30’ of a straight run of already buried 1” PVC). Has anyone had experience doing this? Thanks.
  7. Cscjjd

packing for plastic faucet?

Hi, I am wondering if I can use graphite packing string on a plastic hot water cutoff valve (the original packing (seemingly a plastic washer) has disintegrated). If not, would you have other suggestions? (the valve will be a big job to replace and I don't have the time at the moment)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks