Search results

1. darren_t_johnson

Backwater valve installation question

Hi, I'm going to be installing a Mainline backwater valve, and the instructions say I need at least 2% grade. I over analyze things... so does that mean the inlet pipe and outlet pipe have to have at least 2% grade, and the backwate valve should be level? The outlet pipe is already 3/4"...
  2. darren_t_johnson

joining ABS pipes partially under water

Hi, I'm going to be joining some ABS drain/waste pipes together under my basement floor, and the bottom 1/4 of the pipe will be in water. The water table is still a little high from some recent rains. How sensitive is the ABS cement to water? I'm going to try to lift the ends up, apply the...
  3. darren_t_johnson

Is this a normal basement drain in an older home?

Hi, I'm currently redoing a lot of the plumbing in my basement... Its a home built in 1960, in Ottawa, Canada. I'm adding two bathrooms. There are two floor drains in my basement. One 2" drain near all the old laundry fixtures. Its a normal drain (2" drain with a trap and a trap arm that...
  4. darren_t_johnson

Combining pipes in Basement plumbing

Hi, I’m adding new bathroom in my basement and I’m moving a lot of the existing plumbing around to make room. All of the plumbing for the new bathroom is not relevant to this post (for now). It will tie into the main pipe further downstream, and I’ll be putting a new vent through the...
  5. darren_t_johnson

Another basement and mainfloor DWV layout

Hi, I've been reading threads on this site for a few months now and must say, this forum is an amazing source of knowledge! Now on my my project... I'm starting a renovation and will be installing a new main floor bathroom (toilet and sink) and a new full basement bathroom (tub, shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks