Search results

1. Allfixer

Is Well water ok or nothing but problems?

Hi again! Im in the processes of purchasing a new house. The deal has not been finalized yet so I can bail out if something comes up. The only thing holding me back on the house is that it has well water (which I have never had before or even seen LOL) and I know close to nothing about it...
  2. Allfixer

Replacement Toilet Tank?

In your experience are these larger flush valves as reliable as the standard size ones? I ask because the sales guy is recommending the larger flush valves because of the added flush power but on the net there posts of the seals leaking/getting soft plus the repair parts are less common.
  3. Allfixer

Replacement Toilet Tank?

Went looking around, and the 2 common brands here that look good to me are American Standard Cadet 3 and Kohler Wellworth. Both of these toilets like the TOTO drake Im told use an oversized flush flapper for maximum force. And come with a fluid master standard. Before I purchase one this...
  4. Allfixer

Replacement Toilet Tank?

Im just wondering what do you mean by refill ratio? I guess it has something to do with the float height? Do you know of new toilet brands that do take a 400 or already come with one from the factory? I know Im into tradition LOL.
  5. Allfixer

Replacement Toilet Tank?

I will shop around and see what is available. Hopefully my plumbing supply in town has it, if not I will try others. One thing, can the Korky Fill valves be replaced with a Fluidmaster 400? In the pic thats on the forum link it looks like the flush lever goes over the fill valve preventing...
  6. Allfixer

Replacement Toilet Tank?

Does Lowes have a better selection on that you would recommened? My biggest request is that the toilet be durable over anything else. Dual flush is out of the question.
  7. Allfixer

Replacement Toilet Tank?

Again thanks! I will measure them out. I spoke with a HD guy and he says its best to replace the whole toilet since the right tank will have to be ordered from Gerber at a supply house and that will cost more. He also brought up there being no guarntee that the bowl wont crack either, dont...
  8. Allfixer

Replacement Toilet Tank?

Thanks for the quick reply! Very helpful :) Ok I did some thinking. The upstairs toilets are also Gerber but one of them looks different. The bowl is a 1.6 GPF/ 6.0 LPF and the tank uses an adjustable fluidmaster flapper I put in a while back. It closes well before the tank is emptyed out but...
  9. Allfixer

Replacement Toilet Tank?

Ok that makes more sence now. I was going by the upstairs toilet which looks similar, it has a label for a 1.6 GPF and I guess that would explain the smaller opening at the bottom of the bowl. Ok now this might sound insane (my knowledge in plumbing is not the best lol) but it might be crazy...
  10. Allfixer

Replacement Toilet Tank?

I have a 1986 Gerber made toilet that was leaking from somewhere so I decided to replace all the tank parts. Still leaking afterwards I found the source from a hair line crack running down the side of the water tank. The only way it looks like it can be fixed is to replace the whole tank. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks