Search results

1. bet3z

Cramming Garbage Disposal, Dishwasher AND Water Filter Under Sink

I've got a lot packed in under my kitchen sink, and I need to cram in a reverse osmosis filter. The painful part appears to be fitting the tank. The drain tailpiece from the left hand sink bowl comes down to an elbow that goes over to the tee shown in the attached image. The tank is huge, and...
  2. bet3z

Tub Spout Height

I am installing a Sterling/Kohler tub with integral tub surround similar to this one: you may want to link to the Sterling web site. For some reason, the instructions call for the tub spout elbow to be 25" off the floor minimum. Since the tub is 15" high, this puts the spout at 10" over...
  3. bet3z

Tub Drain Layout Opinions

I'm hooking up my tub drain and I'd like some opinions on my proposed layout. The original trap was very long; it almost looked like a "W" with an integral cleanout on the middle "point" of the W. I couldn't find anything similar, and the new trap's too short to reach the drain pipe on its...
  4. bet3z

Replacing a Lead Closet Bend

My bathroom remodel was gaining momentum, and I ran into another snag. I was thinking about how to best get my new subfloor around the existing toilet flange when I noticed a couple problems with the closet bend. The bend appears to be lead, and it looks like the flange is brass. The flange...
  5. bet3z

Replacing Bathroom Drain Pipe

We've always had problems with our master bath drains. They're slow and clog easily. I always figured that it was the galvanized drain pipe inner diameter slowly shrinking from 60 years of use. Some repair work I'd done previously seemed to confirm this. Well, that may have been part of the...
  6. bet3z

Chronic Tub and Branch Drain Clogging

I have a 2nd floor bathroom in a 50-year-old house with high-maintenance drains. The tub drain clogs every four months or so; snaking it pulls out a medium-sized hair clog. When we first moved in, the sink drain started to have problems. Water draining from it started bubbling up the tub drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks