Search results

1. John28

Gas furnace/water tank termination?

Hard to tell, it's at least 20 years old, my thought was on really cold days this section of duct is sweating from being so cold as the heat goes through, and finally rotted after 20 years?
  2. John28

Gas furnace/water tank termination?

I have an unfinished attic I rarely go in, but recently went in and noticed the duct for the gas furnace/ water tank is corroded where it goes through the roof sheathing. It has pin holes in it, so metal taped it, until it can be replaced. This was probably done 20 years or so ago by...
  3. John28

Proper Gas Hot Water Tank Flushing

I'm not concerned the least bit about draing the unit hot. My only concern is refilling a hot unit, which tells me no piot at all and let the tank normalize before filling or flushing with cold water. This don't make sense? And yes the drain valve is plastic on my Rheem tank. Do these plastic...
  4. John28

Not sure you are following? No the unit is not popping, its new, 1 year old. My manual says to drain once a year as preventative maintenance. You stated if its popping, go ahead and drain, otherwise don't. Which totally makes no sense? Isn't the purpose of yearly draining to keep it free of...
  5. John28

Nothing wrong with unit, just doing a yearly maintenance drain and flush. I don't want to induce cold water to a hot empty tank, and was curious of how long for cool down, 5min., 1/2 hour, 2 hrs? And I know a pilot is not much heat, but is it even a good idea to leave a pilot on an empty tank...
  6. John28

My unit is a year old now, which I'm going to drain and flush. First I'll turn the thermostat off and shut the gas line off to drain. But my question is, how long should I wait for cool down for the tank to normalize before filling or flushing with cold water? I read where many set it to pilot...
  7. John28

Low Clearance Toilet Options

Please, post a picture, once complete.
  8. John28

Wax versus no-wax rings

Not sure what brand the Black one was?, but the Sani-Seal are Bright Green. I was very skeptical of using a sani-seal ring, but in certain situations, I believe they are better than wax? I redid a basement bathroom where the closet flange coming through the concrete was angled from front to back...
  9. John28

Toto Entrada

10. John28

Toto Entrada

Height isn't the issue, just don't care for the Toto Slow Close, for reasons I stated.
  11. John28

Toto Entrada

Awhlie back I was asking and researching toilets for a small basement bathroom. Was looking for something not too big and , with a lower economy price. Went with the Entrada after reading, and must say, I'm very pleased, unit flushes well, has never clogged, and looks good in a smaller bathroom...
  12. John28

Gas water tank install

Thanks, well I got the Rheem and expansion tank, since I'm sweating in new line and a valve, decided to install tank. This Rheem just sets on the floor, I have no need to set it on a stand at 18in. as it is in the basement(concrete), dont even use a pan since a floor drain is very near. But...
  13. John28

Gas water tank install

Thanks, as for the expansion tank, is there any issue installing one, with no press. reducing valve? This way if they do install one later, I have a tank? And I thought a vacuum breaker is only required if water tank is above the highest water fixture? As this tank is in the basement, Thanks
  14. John28

Gas water tank install

Need to replace a gas water heater and had a few questions? 1. Home Depot has Rheem and Lowes has Whirlpool, any preference? 2. Best way to tie into plumbing , right now the old is hard lined to the tank. Hard line, Copper Flex, Stainless flex, etc.? 3. I'm replacing the cold shutoff...
  15. John28

Setting a toilet

I'm going to be setting a new toilet in a bathroom I just tiled, and was curious how the pro's secure the base? I've read to seal with caulk or grout the whole way around, but always questioned this? Really don't like the idea of sealing the whole base, if a leak should develope, I'd like to...
  16. John28

Site issues?

Yes, working now. I honestly didnt even know what version of Explorer I had till I looked it up. It is 9, but never had any previous issues with it, and never upgraded or needed to as little as I use it anyways. Always thought my Windows did all the updates too? Thanks
  17. John28

Site issues?

Explorer 9
  18. John28

Site issues?

When I go to the site, all that is shown is the blue heading with title, the admin. and moderators thumbnails and a list of who is online. And when I click on Forums or even Search, the screen is all black. As I stated no problem with my IPad. And I'm using Inernet Explorer on my desktop.
  19. John28

Site issues?

Not sure why, but on my desktop, this site is incomplete, can't view or post threads. But my I pad has no issues, as I'am using it now to post. Anyone else have this issue, don't understand as no other sites give me issues and my desktop was just cleaned and updated with antivirus?
  20. John28

Pex do's and don'ts

I agree, do that easy work yourself which will save you some towards the Pex.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks