Toto Entrada

Users who are viewing this thread

John28

Reaction score
Awhlie back I was asking and researching toilets for a small basement bathroom. Was looking for something not too big and , with a lower economy price. Went with the Entrada after reading, and must say, I'm very pleased, unit flushes well, has never clogged, and looks good in a smaller bathroom. Not sure if this unit has the Sani-Gloss finish? But stays way cleaner than my last toilet, even with hard water.

Only thing I was not impressed with was the Soft Close Seat that many talk highly of. Looking back I wish I would have just purchased a regular seat. The soft close function is nice, but to me the seat is cheap and hollowed out to keep light, and with the big square type hinge, which makes cleaning tougher as compared to a regular solid seat with a flat bottom, and 2 small hinge post. I can live with it till it breaks, but would not buy another. But love the Entrada price and performance, which suited my needs.

Reach4

Reaction score
I got a Bemis slow close Sta-tite, which I like. I don't know which model it is.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Since the Entrada is ADA height I would have gone with a Kohler slim seat. With the Toto slow close it must be really high, at leat 17+1/4", maybe 17+1/2". That's too high for me.

John28

Reaction score
Since the Entrada is ADA height I would have gone with a Kohler slim seat. With the Toto slow close it must be really high, at leat 17+1/4", maybe 17+1/2". That's too high for me.

Height isn't the issue, just don't care for the Toto Slow Close, for reasons I stated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Entrada has the taller bowl, which many like, not all. I like it.
The TOTO softclose is the closest color match. And it closes slowly. TOTO used to have a dished seat that I liked better. The new one is fairly flat.
Like other toilets, they come in a standard round or elongated. There are plenty of seats that will work with these. I'm more concerned with the bowls, and less with the seat.

John28

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Terry, post: 443668, member: 1

I'm more concerned with the bowls, and less with the seat.[/QUOTE]

Same here, no complaints at all with the Entrada. A very good unit for the price, and I actually like the height. I could have picked any seat I wanted, as it was purchased seperate. So went with the Soft
Close many like, but didn't care for it, but it' s no big deal, just a seat.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
When someone pays $50 to $100 for a seat, it isn't "just a seat," imo. :D It certainly isn't just a seat when the hinges break, or they are poorly engineered, and it moves all around, or if it only lasts a few months before the wood cracks or the foot pads fall off. To me, it's only just a seat when using a public toilet, otherwise looks and function must be equal and equally pleasing.

edited:
I don't allow links to that store.
Terry Love

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks