Search results

1. pmfleisch

Backwash filter

Ok, thanks. I'll head over there for more info.
  2. pmfleisch

Backwash filter

Hello, I'm looking to solve a sediment clogging the whole house filter situation. We've got a lot of brownish rust sediment that blocks up our 10" x 4.5" whole house water filter. When it dries it's a fine rusty powder. We have a softener down the line and use RO for our drinking water, so...
  3. pmfleisch

Water pressure trouble shooting

So here's the latest update - the culprit wasn't the pump - there was a bad galvanized coupling one section above the pump - so water was just pumping back into the hole. Great news - right? Replaced the coupling and I was hoping we were done. Well as a part of the service, the guys also...
  4. pmfleisch

After watching a couple youtubes on pump replacement, I called in the pro. As several of you thought, he said it looks like it's the pump. I think he's going to replace that first and then we will see if there is also a leak in the drop pipe. I think the pump's life was shortened from when...
  5. pmfleisch

To Reach 4: Yes, air was coming out of what I'm assuming is the recharge port on the side of the tank. It's under the pressure gauge and it's the only place I see where you could add/remove air. My assumption is that when there was no water in there that the pressure that usually keeps the...
  6. pmfleisch

I have a Red-Jacket submersible pump - 150' deep in a 220' well - water level is 108'. It was replaced in 2004. 80 gal Pentair SP-18 pressure tank - replaced in 2010. It isn't waterlogged - I know that from when we had to replace it because of the busted bladder in 2010! Last couple of weeks...
  7. pmfleisch

Closet bend or 90° elbow

Maybe a silly question here, what's the difference between a closet bend and 90° elbow? I know you can get a street variety, or a reducer, but if I'm staying at 4 inches are they the same thing?
  8. pmfleisch

Basement bathroom rough in

Ok, thanks everyone. I'll take your advice. I guess the biggest thing I learned is how much design is left up to the plumber. I really just assumed that in order to follow code, it would have to be just one way. When it's all done, I hope I'll know more about it and then you can tell me what...
  9. pmfleisch

Ok, I get it. I'll wait to talk to the plumber. I guess I just thought there was a right way to do this and those with wisdom could share that wisdom. I'm thankful that you're not being mean about it, some responses I've seen to people are ridiculous. That said, I was hoping to learn...
  10. pmfleisch

Thanks for writing back. What this is all about is I want to start working...while I've got the energy and time. I'm not as worried about specifics like sanitary tee vs. wye as much as where I would be trenching - which I'm planning on doing myself. Most advice I'm getting says I should get a...
  11. pmfleisch

I changed it in the original post. I thought I'd be ok to vent the shower with the lav. I think this should correct the shower and floor drain, right?
  12. pmfleisch

Hello, I'm a DIY'er wanting to start a basement bathroom project. I'm going to hire a plumber for permitting and final ok's, but want to start trenching to get the project going. The bathroom will have a shower, lav and toilet. I also want to put in a new floor drain on the other side...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks