Search results

1. Al Wet

Water too high in old American Standard toilet bowl

Sorry for the late reply. I just noticed this. Actually, I think I tried that before. I had the water in tube out of the overflow tube but the water in the bowl would still find a way to come up. I'll try it again and see. For now, I found that riser and it does the job although the elevation...
  2. Al Wet

I don't know about these weirs and trap things but good to get get opinions from you guys that do. I tried one toilet seat riser was used for an elderly man. I remember the hole seemed smaller than a regular toilet seat but I'll keep that in mind. Surely cheaper and a lot less trouble than...
  3. Al Wet

Well, last night I left the hose out of the overflow tube. The level was about 2-3 inches lower than it has been. This morning it was back to it's same old place. Is it leaking from the flapper? I don't hear the tank refilling. Every once in a great while I've heard it though. Thanks.
  4. Al Wet

This one puts water in the bowl after the flush and the flapper closes regardless if the hose is in the overflow tube or not. I came across this post https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/fill-valve-small-hose-in-or-out-of-overflow.60601/ I'm going to experiment with the fill valve...
  5. Al Wet

I experimented with it today. I turned that phillips looking adjuster and made it so the float turned off sooner. I took the hose entirely out of the overflow tube and it worked great in terms of lowering the bowl level. The next time I put the hose back in the overflow tube and it was back to...
  6. Al Wet

Appreciate these replies. The toilet has actually been like that for as long as I can remember. The water level was always slightly irritating. Not causing a problem in terms of thinking it will overflow. Just a little too close so every once in a while the hand or toilet paper comes in contact...
  7. Al Wet

I just searched for 30 minutes on google and youtube and kept getting videos off the subject even when I put in "too high" or -lower. They always deal with the tank or if they deal with the bowl talk about too low a water level. The toilet bowl water level is slightly too high so that sometimes...
  8. Al Wet

Water going over Korky QuietFILL Valve

I tried that way of testing leaving a faucet with a steady drip and it was still 138, so I guess I've got a problem with that.
  9. Al Wet

OK. Thanks I'll be testing it that way soon .
  10. Al Wet

Appreciate the replies. I finally got a pressure meter. The 1st one leaked pretty bad but showed 140 so I didn't trust it. Took it back and got 2 more since they look kind of cheaply constructed. These both showed the same 140 so I guess that's what it is. The toilet is behaving. By the way it's...
  11. Al Wet

OK. Thanks for the comment and to the others. With my beginners level I had to look up what at T&P valve was. So I'll keep an eye on that. The last 3 days the water level stayed about an inch from the overflow. I did turn the water spigot down to a small flow in case pressure was the problem...
  12. Al Wet

Found the right flapper (actually made by Korky) and put it in. The water gets to an inch of the top of the overflow tube after flushing. When I look at it later its about 1/8 of an inch from going over but seems to hold there. I don't see any dripping from the top of the Korky Valve and can't...
  13. Al Wet

OK. I was at Lowes today but they didn't have the American Standard Flapper or any that looked similar. Attached is the one in there now. I'll be looking for an inexpensive pressure guage while I look for the flapper.
  14. Al Wet

OK. Thanks for the reply. Still hissing a bit and dripping about 20 a minute. Not running over the overflow yet (after 2 hours). I turned the water off now and will check it in the morning. Flapper is American Standard round push on. I cleaned it earlier but it's probably pretty old.
  15. Al Wet

I replaced it. I still hear a slight hissing and see water occasionally dripping from the back side of the white top area. Bummer! The one I put in a few days ago was sitting in a drawer in it's opened package so I thought it was likely unused. I couldn't remember. But now this one I just...
  16. Al Wet

Appreciate the specific video. There's a lot of them referring to Korky but many go through things outside of my problem. I looked at that cap earlier but will have a closer look vs this video. Thanks.
  17. Al Wet

Thanks for the reply. I actually had it pretty low. The water was nearly covering the white top part. I thought maybe the flapper was dirty so I just cleaned it and raised the valve a bit. It stopped the water below the overflow like it did before but I could hear hissing from the valve. I...
  18. Al Wet

The water had been running into the overflow tube. I had what looked like a new Korky QuietFILL Valve. I put it in and at first the level was below the overflow tube. Some hours later it was running into it and above the white part of the Korky Valve. Could someone suggest what the next step...
  19. Al Wet

New Korky 528 Fill Valve looks like its leaking...bubbling

The thing quit doing that on it own. Maybe, like you guys were suggesting, there was something in it. I guess it was washed on out. Thanks for the suggestions.
  20. Al Wet

New Korky 528 Fill Valve looks like its leaking...bubbling

Thanks for these comments. I'm going to give them a try.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks