Search results

1. Mimi78

Toilet for a small space

Hey I was just wondering if anyone can suggest a good toilet(relatively inexpensive maybe under 200 dollars) that is elongated and compact? I saw one at HD but was wondering if there are any good makers that offer elongated toilets made for small spaces. Thanks.
  2. Mimi78

How do I seal this?

HD carries Hercules tape dope, is that the same thing as Oatey pipe dope? Or they have Hercules Pro dope pipe joint compound, Brush on Blue block, Rector Seal, which should I use?
  3. Mimi78

How do I seal this?

Its copper, and I get the part about sweating the pipe into the middle thing, but after that when the part on the right slides up and screws around the main part on the right, what seals that part(the threaded parts)? The guy at home depot says not to use anything because its brass and should...
  4. Mimi78

How do I seal this?

Could anyone tell me what stuff to use on these (they're for my shower/tub fixture) whether its Teflon tape or pipe dope or plumber's grease? I have no idea where the seal is supposed to act in these parts when they go together(Sorry if its a dumb question but I don't trust the HD people, who...
  5. Mimi78

Standard Heights?

(I posted this also in the bathtub forum since I didn't know which it should go in) Could someone tell me a general rule of thumb for the heights on these: (from finished floor) 1. Shower Head, Spout, Handles (this is for a shower/tub that is 20.5" high) 2. Tile in a shower(since I don't...
  6. Mimi78

Standard Heights?

Could someone tell me a general rule of thumb for the heights on these: (from finished floor) 1. Shower Head, Spout, Handles (for shower/tub that is 20.5" high) 2. Tile in a shower(since I don't want to go all the way to the ceiling) 8' ceiling 3. Wainscotting 4. Electrical boxes(switches...
  7. Mimi78

Water Main Shutoff

We are trying to shut off our water main but are having some problems. The main shutoff valve is a copper tee that sits within a concrete tube. It turns clockwise but when we go to shut it off, it starts to squirt water, but it stops when we go to turn it back. Is this normal or should we...
  8. Mimi78

Please help me with my tub and faucets!

The reason they told us to stay away from any type of mortar is because if it cracks you might hear the little broken pieces shaking while the whirlpool is on, so that's just why I had the question. I have no idea what I am doing so thanks for the help.
  9. Mimi78

Please help me with my tub and faucets!

I have purchased a whirlpool tub(american standard) and it says to set it in a bed of mortar or something, but the people at Home Depot told us to spray Great Stuff under it instead because it won't crack like a mortar would. Which should I do? Can I do either? Also another stupid question...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks