Search results

1. nola mike

Replacing part of cast iron soil stack?

I have a crack in my soil stack between the first and second floor. I assume the pipe runs vertically, venting through the roof. On the second floor, there are 2 full baths that share a wall. Most of the fixtures are not in proximity to the main pipe, and I have no idea what type of connections...
  2. nola mike

Basement bathroom install questions

I've been on the 8 year plan for finishing my basement. But THIS is the year I actually do it. As part of it, I'm going to be putting in a bathroom. The house is 100+ ;years old, so who knows what's going on. However, I have floor drains, and presumably a cast pipe going down the center of the...
  3. nola mike

Heat traps on new WH?

Am about to install a new Rheem Platinum gas WH to replace my 40 gal 1988 (!) unit, which has recently started leaking. I believe the new unit has integral heat traps (there is plastic inside the metal nipples). The manual says "some water heaters have been supplied with[...]heat traps. These...
  4. nola mike

Tankless install questions...

I'm thinking about replacing my 25+ yo 40 gallon heater with a tankless model. Been looking at this one. I currently have 3/4" gas to the old heater (my whole house is I think under-supplied with 3/4" main, but the city keeps on insisting that it isn't...), and 1/2" water. It's vented through...
  5. nola mike

Thermostat Wiring question

So I have a standard a/c system wired to one thermostat (lenox 51m34) and my 2 wire gas furnace wired to another. I'm trying to consolidate them onto one thermostat. Ran new wire to replace the knob and tube to the furnace, but now can't seem to get the furnace working correctly with the lenox...
  6. nola mike

Ventilation for 2 bathrooms/1 roof penetration?

I'm installing a bathroom directly adjacent to the existing one. The current vent exhausts air directly into my attic insulation. I'd like to remedy that, as well as install a proper vent in the new bathroom. I'd really like to only need 1 roof penetration. It looks like the way to do this...
  7. nola mike

Proper way to drain/vent dual vanities?

I'm putting in double sinks in my new bathroom. Original plan was to plumb the drains and supplies through the floor, but it seems like the correct way to do this is to stub out through the wall. So I'm planning on installing 2 drains that will drop through the sill plate, wye into 1 pipe and...
  8. nola mike

Best way to pipe in PEX/New bathroom?

Trying to get the supplies together for a remote 2nd home, so I don't know all the specifics I'm dealing with. I will be adding a sink and toilet, and relocating a shower. I was planning on using PEX for the first time, and wondering what size to use. I had planned on branching off of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks