Search results

1. boss99er

Posi temp issue with a curveball

I'll give them a call today and see what they say. I would try the old one, but we threw it away when we changed to the new one. I knew that was a bad idea! Ha ha. Basically, we replaced a large faced normal shower head with a wand type. I tried removing the restrictor in the wand head to see if...
  2. boss99er

Is there something else I should check off the top of your heads?
  3. boss99er

Well then I'm at a loss for what could be causing this. Looks like its time to call a plumber and see if they can figure it out.
  4. boss99er

I decided to test on an actual faucet in both of our bathrooms and static was 85 and dynamic was about 78. Still too high though for the posi temp?
  5. boss99er

Ok, tested the water pressure at an outside hydrant that I know is on the house side of the regulator and meter and it was 85 static, and about 83 dynamic. That's pretty high right?
  6. boss99er

I should also note this. This morning I was taking my shower and before I was done, I turned the handle to almost full cold. The water stayed full hot. It was tolerable, because I turned my water heater way down so we could at least continue showering until this is fixed. Anyway, I turned it to...
  7. boss99er

I'm going to Lowes over lunch to buy a pressure tester. Since the hydrants on my house are after the meter, they should work for the test, correct? What should the levels be for static and dynamic? Also, thanks for the help!!!
  8. boss99er

Hmm...ok...but what would make this change so suddenly? I can't say for sure, but it seemed to start around the time we put a new wand style shower head on that shower. Neither my wife or I can say for sure that's when it started. Could that cause this issue? When you mentioned volume...
  9. boss99er

Posi temp issue with a curveball thrown in Hey guys, I need some help here. I have a shower with a Moen Posi Temp valve. Its installed in a bathtub/shower combo. Lets say for this example I have the handle directly pointed up...right in between hot and cold. If I let the water run out of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks