Search results

1. sd

American Standard Cadet 3 with a defect...return or keep?

Thank you for the support wjcandee! One good thing is that the new toilet seems to be completely level and doesn't rock when placed on the floor. I can only hope that this second toilet has no other defects. I will be sure to post a photo once it has been installed (hopefully soon!).
  2. sd

After trying baking soda and various cleaners, it was Soft Scrub with Bleach that finally took off most of the metallic mark. Thanks again for the help, SamC.
  3. sd

Thank you so much, SamC. I will try that tonight.
  4. sd

Hello again, I just wanted to check in with an update. At long last, I got my replacement toilet (my brother-in-law, who works for a plumbing manufacturer, is helping me get these toilets through his contacts at a local distributor which is why it took so long). If you can believe it, the...
  5. sd

Thanks, Jim. It's good to know I didn't overlook one. I had known that American Standard had quality control issues when I chose the Cadet 3 but I had hoped that I'd improve my odds by going through a plumbing supply company rather than Home Depot. Apparently not. For what it is worth, the...
  6. sd

It's possible I missed something, but I've been through the Toto site several times and can't find a model that has a 10" rough-in and is less than 27" deep. There are some toilets that are slightly less than 27" but they don't seem to accommodate the Unifit adapter. I am in a condo and don't...
  7. sd

The other limiting factor was that I needed the toilet in an off-white color.
  8. sd

I would have gotten a Toto but, unfortunately, they don't make one that will fit in my space. I have a 10" rough in and the toilet can't be more than 27" deep due to the swing of the bathroom door. Those factors really limited the toilets I could choose from.
  9. sd

I was afraid of that. Thank you for your very prompt response. I'll start the process of returning it.
  10. sd

Hello, I have a brand new, uninstalled, American Standard Cadet 3 (10" rough in, linen) that I discovered has at least one, and possibly two, defects. I went through a lot to obtain the toilet and am reluctant to return it for a variety of reasons but will if the defects are serious enough...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks