Search results

1. JohnBauder

Mounting a bypass humidifier in a small space

I live in a condo with a very small furnace closet. The only duct where I can mount my new humidifier (Aprilaire 500M) is just 11" wide. The plenum hole needs to be 9.5" X 9.5" so that's OK, but the outside dimensions are larger that 11". I was told I can build a mount for it but I can't...
  2. JohnBauder

My toilet drain pipe is too tall

Would this ring need to extend to the outside dimensions of the toilet?
  3. JohnBauder

Yes, it slips off the shims and begins rocking again. It sometimes leaks onto the floor around it too.
  4. JohnBauder

My toilet has always rocked. I have someone come in and reinstall it and shim the hell out of it and its OK for some weeks. I was told once that the drain was not cut off close enough to the floor so the flange sits too hig by about a half inch. The drain and flange are metal. The floor is...
  5. JohnBauder

Installing new shower arm

It worked! Thanks a lot!
  6. JohnBauder

OK Thanks Jim. I am going to try that.
  7. JohnBauder

Thanks Jim. I used #5 pipe dope. I just need a quarter turn but I was twisting hard - by hand but using the bend. I'm 65 and not as strong as I used to be so maybe there is some move left in it. Would you put a pipe wrench on it for the last 90 degrees?
  8. JohnBauder

When I screwed in my new shower arm as far as I can by hand it points up at about 3 o'clock rather than down at 6 o'clock. I have tried taking it out and starting over several times but each time it catches the threas in the same spot. Can I tighten it that far (about 90 degrees) without...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks