Search results

1. Climber

Dryer Vent Placement

I am moving the laundry room to the basement and need to install a dryer vent. Is it better to vent through the rim joist (wait, this house doesn't have a rim joist, the sheathing is attached directly to to the ends of the floor joists). Is it better to go through the sheathing (exterior is...
  2. Climber

Copper L vs M

My quest for knowledge continues... In the process of completely rerouting and replacing my water lines a question continues to plague my mind (@#&! the voices!) :confused: Should I have used L instead of M? How many thousandths of an inch difference is there between the three schedules of...
  3. Climber

Compression, Sweat, and Threaded Fitttings: The Pros and Cons

OK, all you guru plumbers...I have found this site and all your advice a great wealth of knowledge indeed! But what are the pros and cons of all these different valve fittings? Why should I choose, or not choose, a compression fitting over a sweated or threaded fixture valve? What happens...
  4. Climber

Sweating Shut-Off Valves

I have a various assortment of 1", 3/4", and 1/2" Ball Valves I am installing in my plumbing project. I can sweat fittings with relative ease, but I would think ball valves would need a different approach because of the teflon seats. I know teflon begins to deteriorate around 450 F and solder...
  5. Climber

Copper Pipe Branching Size

I am about to repipe my entire 3 story home with new copper pipe. I plan on coming off the meter with 1 in. pipe (presently 1 in. iron to meter and 3/4 supply at appx. 50 psi). The 2nd and 3rd floor bathrooms will be using the same branch which is seperate from all other branches. Also I plan...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks