Search results

1. kevincw01

suddenly bad taste - fleck 5600sxt

yes, the fridge;s carbon filter was definitely filtering it out
  2. kevincw01

well this is hilarious. Maybe our problems are external... http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/may/12/water-smell-odor-taste-algae/
  3. kevincw01

Actually my p-trap is slightly higher than the drain port on the valve. I could go above the ptrap height immediately and then slope down as you say.
  4. kevincw01

There's something i just realized might be a factor. My waste drain line is about 25ft. This is the limit of the spec for the valve and I've upsized the drain pipe to 3/4 as the manual suggested. The water drains out and into sewer (via air gap) just fine but when it's done draining, there's...
  5. kevincw01

Bleach is done. Should I be concerned that the brine tank still smells of bleach?
  6. kevincw01

i have the fleck 5600sxt. i assume i need to remkve all the salt before adding bleach to brine tank, correct?
  7. kevincw01

We are on city water. There was no smell until recently. I will do a bleach brine tank clean. How long do I need to flush the system before I can use the water? Which setting changed the amount of salt used?
  8. kevincw01

I just did another regen. I was mistaken, the level of the brine tank during rinse is almost to the bottom. I can't tell how much because I'm looking down the brine valve tube since the tank is half full of salt.
  9. kevincw01

The brine level goes down to halfway during rinse and up to 3/4 (due to float cutting it off) during refill. Not sure which tank you're referring too but both the brine and the softener tank are opaque and not in not in sunlight. There is a window next too it but it has blinds. It does get...
  10. kevincw01

Hi, I put in a 30k water softener a couple months ago and all was good until recently when the water started tasting "swampy". My wife and I did a taste test and the unsoftened hose water doesn't seem to have the swamp smell. I checked the brine tank thinking it was out of salt and there was...
  11. kevincw01

sink sewer gas with p trap

Hi tom, thanks for taking the time to answer. I feel stupid but I don't know what you mean by "overflow in the lav". Can you expand a bit?
  12. kevincw01

sink sewer gas with p trap

Bought a house a 6 months ago and noticed that 1 of the bathroom's sink emits sewer gas odor when we use the sink. There is a p-trap installed and it appears to be installed correctly but i took a photo to show the experts. I have noticed that if we're gone for the weekend and then use the...
  13. kevincw01

new fleck 5600sxt with periodic red water

Just got a call from reseller. They said they had another customer who ordered at the same time and has the same issue and he's thinking the manufacturer may have had a bad batch. He was really helpful actually. He's sending new media out and wants me to try a 2nd regen.
  14. kevincw01

does it need to be continuous? We've ran through about 800 gallons since I installed it.
  15. kevincw01

All copper plumbing. House built in the 80s. If I run an iron test will that help diagnose? It does seem to be tapering off. First couple days I'd see it when I wake up and when I get back from work. Now it's just when I get back from work. I haven't installed any sediment filters yet...
  16. kevincw01

Just bought a new fleck 5600sxt. I installed in on sunday and the installation instruction say to expect the first 40-50 gallons will be light red and then it will run clear. It did this and ran clear as expected. The water is soft as expected. However, whenever I use a faucet after being...
  17. kevincw01

high voltage power distribution question

Oops,didnt see your post rick. nevermind, and thanks everyone.
  18. kevincw01

Ok so I did some research on 3 phase distribution and understand the 3 conductors but I still cant understand why they connected all phases together to temporarily restore power while they repaired the poles.
  19. kevincw01

I thought the purpose of 3 phase was to consilidate 3 power sources on one conductor(each out of phase). Why are the separate for transmission? Im also wondering why they joined them as a temp fix?
  20. kevincw01

My neighborhood has a power substation attached too it and there are some very large poles that carry the power to/from from the substation. Each pole has 3 physically separated wires (like this http://imgur.com/uIuUv.jpg ) The other day we had a storm that knocked down a bunch of these...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks