Search results

1. John Vegas

Las Vegas Water Softener Selection

So the 7000 SXT continues to work reasonably well. I have recommended and purchased 3 total (2 for friends) and now I see they are discontinued! Anyone know where you can get a reasonably priced rebuild kit so I can keep 1 or 2 in the garage just in case I need to rebuild again? Thanks, JS
  2. John Vegas

So I’m back again. Lots of view of this thread! 7000 SXT has been running fine. I noticed the water was not counting down, like a few years ago. This time I pulled out the flow meter assembly after depressurizing and disassembling, it appeared clean and spun just fine. I inserted it back in...
  3. John Vegas

The line diagram does not indicate that the side inlet and outlet valves are removeable, if so, what are the red clips there for? See line diagram.
  4. John Vegas

Can anyone explain or better yet show me a picture of what I will find if I pull the red clip off the dials that put the softener into bypass? Is there an o-ring connected to the dial that you turn to operate the plastic bypass (I guess they are called the inlet and outlet valves)? I am afraid...
  5. John Vegas

So I depressurized the system, and removed the clips and the bypass. Rinsed off the turbine, and reinstalled and it worked! However, a few questions. 1. When I depressurized the system, when you turn off of outlet side of the bypass, a bit of water leaks out of the that area (left looking at...
  6. John Vegas

I’m back...like a bad rash. So the softener, literally less than a month out of warranty, has lost the ability to measure the flow. I checked the cable with a strong magnet, and that registered flow, so I assume it is NOT the sensor, cable, or the electronic board. It would have to be the...
  7. John Vegas

Does anyone have any definitive research on how long is "too" long to regenerate a softener without risking damage to the resin? I am on chlorinated city water, so that might be an issue. Some postings indicate 7 is the maximum, others say up to 28 and I was hoping some new research might have...
  8. John Vegas

Basically I way oversized my softener because I have a large three bath home that I was anticipating to sell, but I ended up staying with only one other person in the home. We use on average about 50 gallon per day for both in winter and about 75 in summer (we both usually shower at the gym and...
  9. John Vegas

I have a 2 CF ... So I a have been using a lot of salt! LOL. I'll just reset it to the 8 lb/ cf and if it regens AGAIN so be it. I was only at 4 lb/cf for about two years, and it never seemed to provide super soft water. I'll try 8 lb/cf, but I don't think I will really notice much because I...
  10. John Vegas

I did the double regens last night. The resin should be in good shape. If I reset the setting, will it automatically perform a regen that night? I don't want it to, as it has been regen with 15 lb / cg three times now. Thanks, JS
  11. John Vegas

I reinstalled new seals and a new piston, and winner winner chicken dinner no leak. Thank you for the video, but I am still frustrated I had a failure after about 37 months. Oh well, I don't seem to have much luck with water softeners. I tried to do to two 15 lb regens last night, but I set the...
  12. John Vegas

Here is the worn shaft of the piston, the green part of the piston was NOT worn at all. Also, should the new seals be lubed with some silicon?. JS
  13. John Vegas

Ok, thanks. I used push to connect fitting, so not likely solder or copper, but who knows, could have been some debris, that wore down over time. Would the piston be replaced under warranty as they seem to be more expensive than the seals? Also, how do I know which one to order as there seems to...
  14. John Vegas

I ordered a new seal pack but my vendor suggested I take the valve apart to see if I can see anything wrong with the existing seals or piston. I followed the video, it is really quite easy (thanks Dittohead, very helpful). The seals and spacers seemed fine. I didn't see any issues. The only...
  15. John Vegas

Softener, What Questions to Ask?

It maybe unorthodox, but I would seriously consider purchasing one at Costco. With their return policy, if there is an issue, you could always return it if the warranty service work is not acceptable. This all depends on the softener meeting sizing requirments, etc. They are also self contained...
  16. John Vegas

7000 SXT New member here needing HELP

After a few months, I get a similar "dirt" or "scum" on top of the salt in my brine tank. I always figured it was dirty salt or accumulated dirt from the water, or even just dust in the air (even though the tank lid is tight). I usually just let the salt run low and then move it outside with a...
  17. John Vegas

Water softner recommendations wanted

I thought the original post was about water softener selection. My public water supply is heavily chlorinated and its seems like the Fleck seals might be more sensitive to chlorine damage. I see the thread moved more to chlorine removal. JS
  18. John Vegas

Which fleck to buy?

I have had issues with my Fleck 7000 SXT valve, leaking through the drain line after only three years. I would look to another brand as it seems Fleck seals are not very reliable.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks