Search results

1. scooby

Help identify resin and water softners

Yesterday when i got home my asked why i turned the water when i left for work , i said i didnt, long story short the steel casing on the well collapsed on itself. The well guys couldnt get the pump out so they figure the steel part of the well seized on the pump. So i have to go see if i can...
  2. scooby

Thanks for feedback Gary, I will give this a try. Are you thinking the softner or filter got contaminated and this will clean them out? The water coming into the house seems fine , and i would hate to shock the well and do more damage then good. I was thinking about taking the head off the...
  3. scooby

The water temp is cold but not exactly sure on temp.what range should i be in to expand a bed at lower gpm, Im not sure if this is the exact system i have , as far as gpm rate goes, dont know if they cobbled something together to make it work or what, can i test for gpm of tank? could i upgrade...
  4. scooby

The birm , pyrolox and filox are media that would take out the sulfur smell and are backwashing media? I want to makes sure my unit can properly backwash the media also, should i be concerened about the weight and how much i put in tank?
  5. scooby

This has been a great help and I am starting to put the pieces together of what i have, but unsure of the resin to use for the iron sulfur removal, should i try to mix 2 resins together or will one type do the job. We have started to notice a sulfur smell from cold water supply on sink faucets...
  6. scooby

The units are pretty old so i thought a rebuild would be a good idea but wasn't sure about what kind of resin to use?
  7. scooby

The house water after softner ph 7.5 , hardness 50 ppm , 0 iron , 240 ppm total alkanlinity, 0 copper , 0 chlorine no bacteria no lead
  8. scooby

When water comes out of spigot clear and stays clear after sitting for a while and no sulfur smell.
  9. scooby

I bought a test kit from lowes , ph is 8.9 hardness is 25 grains at 425 ppm , iron is 3ppm. Not sure of the type of iron .
  10. scooby

What would you recommend for resin in softner, and filter tank?
  11. scooby

I am having trouble finding out what kind of power head and resin i have in my water softners. I believe the one is a Fleck 2510 with a tank that is 10"x 47" and the other is a Fleck 3000 series with same size tank, this tank has no brine tube hooked up. The water coming from well has 25...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks