Search results

1. traylor1

New toilet and the tank is still rocking

Looking at it, the right front of the tank is touching barely, back is not even close. Left front has less than 1/4 of an inch to go on the front, but will not crank down anymore, like it has hit the end of the threads. I had the wife push down while I tightened, which did help, but only so...
  2. traylor1

OK, so now I have a new problem. First off this is a totally separate set of instructions than what came with mine. They did not show the screwdriver diagram or the suggestion to use one. The reason is probably because my tool does not have the holes for leverage. But this makes perfect...
  3. traylor1

Good question, but no. It is too big for even my biggest screwdriver. Basically it is a hollow triangular shaped tube that has a bolt head fitting at the top and flares out to about an inch on each side from there. It would be great if the bolts could be tightened with a ratchet, but the...
  4. traylor1

We have installed a new toilet in our basement. It is one of those American Standards that flushes all of the golf balls. So it is not a cheapy. The toilet works well, however, the tank is as tight as we can get it, and it is still rocking if we touch it. The tank lid itself is now around...
  5. traylor1

Does the toilet REALLY need tightened?

Thank you for the help . This was some good information to use.
  6. traylor1

hj - I think that was the issue with this inspector, however, I did finally find there was a small looseness from front to back.
  7. traylor1

Thanks Terry for the reply. After Googling the problem, it brought me back to a post on here. I figured out the rock was front to back and found a reply you had given earlier to someone else with this problem and suggested using the plastic shims. Fixed it right up. I appreciate the response...
  8. traylor1

Why did you even bother responding to this? You did not even address my question. I have made my response to the seller which for the purpose of this post is not relevant and they have accepted. So I don't need to have it done by a licensed plumber.
  9. traylor1

Hello: I am currently selling my house. The inspector came this week and one of the things he stated to the prospective buyers, is that the toilets needed tightened down. They in turn want it fixed by a licensed plumber. I went in to check both of them. I have never had any issues with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks