Search results

1. pazure

Great closet flange graphic for newbies

Latest graphic. It think I got them all.
  2. pazure

Great info! Well, this flange is for inside 4", outside 3", so perhaps there are two similar "stops" or bevels as you call it, on non level flanges? One on the outside (for inside fits), and one on the inside (for outside fits)? Is the reason for this stop to keep the pipe from exiting the...
  3. pazure

Yeah Sylvan, that's frustrating. Part of the reason for my initial confusion was the abundance of terms being used, both by plumbers and manufacturers. My graphic is an attempt to clear that up, so I'll be adding a few new items. First, I'll add Terry's replacement metal ring. That and the...
  4. pazure

Reach4, this is my very rough beginning graphic. In looking at all the different types, it occurred to me that there were three basic types of connections being made. Inside (the smaller flange connection goes inside the pipe), Same size (the inner flange size is the same as the size of the...
  5. pazure

Got it. That makes sense now. To make things easier on myself, I think I'll just wire cut my old existing flange after strapping it to the joist (I don't like the ragged cut of a sawzall, plus, it sits tight to a joist), and then use a Fernco shielded to transition to PVC. Then, just use Push...
  6. pazure

If you think it would be worthwhile Terry, I have some pretty good Photoshop skills and can put together a helpful graphic that covers most types. I would need back and forth communication with an expert until the graphic is technically correct. I have to say that I'm still a bit confused with...
  7. pazure

Can I use a flexible fernco in a tub drain assembly?

Thanks Reach4. I would suppose a flexible elbow coupling is even more verboten. Even if I had gotten the above ground rough-in model, I couldn't have accessed the pipes to make the connections. Guess I'm going to have to cut out the ceiling drywall from the bathroom below to finish up the...
  8. pazure

Can I use a flexible fernco in a tub drain assembly?

I've searched for, and read through a number of threads regarding using a Fernco flexible fitting under a tub, but found nothing that matches what I want to do. The layout: - Top floor 5' x 7' bathroom - ABS DWV pipes. - Current horizontal drain line with cleanout sits half way proud of...
  9. pazure

Thanks for the reply Reach4. Yeah, the graphic isn't meant to be exhaustive, nor is it meant to deal with the benefits (steel/metal to plastic) but to me, it has the key terms of the main flange types. I'd be happy to make up a graphic to each and every type if you can supply me with links, and...
  10. pazure

At first, I was bewildered by all the different types of closet flanges and ways they could be installed. This graphic from Home Depot really helped me understand them, and it even cites which are code compliant and which not. My question is, if it isn't code approved, then why are they...
  11. pazure

Can this P-Trap design save me future hassle?

I'm editing this post, because I've got a question about the trap adapter that Tom suggested earlier. If I do this, then will the pipe that comes out from the ensuing setup require a smaller than 1.5" pipe? Or do they make a straight-through 1.5" to 1.5" trap adapter? +++++++++++++++++++++ Is...
  12. pazure

Tom, That's exactly what I was trying (cluelessly) to explain. Is that commonly done? Is it to code? Just in case things change (thread size) in the future, perhaps I should buy a couple of these adapters.
  13. pazure

I'm now working on putting together the P-trap (for bathroom sink) and connecting it to the vent stack. My question is, if I just cement a long pipe into the wall T, going straight to the P-trap, will this cause me future hassles? If I have problems that would require me to cut back the pipe...
  14. pazure

IP Blocked? Can't register?

Another place to go, and one that is a bit easier, with less unneeded info is http://www.whatismyip.com/ The site IS legit and contains no virus or pop-ups.
  15. pazure

Jimbo's passing. He will be missed.

I'm late in posting this, but I send you my condolences.
  16. pazure

Another closet flange, closet bend question

I've searched the forums using many different search terms, but can't find an answer to my question. I had a plumber install a 4" PVC closet bend to a ABS pipe system (used a Fernco fitting to connect the two), but the problem is, the top of the 90° closet bend is only 3/4" below the finished...
  17. pazure

Do I have to correct this poor quality work?

Sorry to be so off base hj. Thanks everyone for your help!
  18. pazure

Bob, I did think about that, but the whole neatness/impact on water flow question got me discarding that idea. I may just revisit it. If I do it right, I can still secure the pipe to the 2x4 that will go next to it (as long as I sweat them along the same axis). I may just go with that. Thanks...
  19. pazure

I'm in the middle of a bathroom renovation and am ready to put in the Shower rough-in valves. The problem is, the feed pipes coming up through the sub-floor bottom plate have been really sloppily done. Please refer to the picture. As you will see, the hot feed coming up through the bottom plate...
  20. pazure

Yet another closet flange question

Well, I thought about and researched this (as well as my Shower P trap) so much that I burned myself out. I've got so much other stuff to worry about that I'm going to let a pro do this. His suggestion on both putting in a new Shower P-trap and the closet bend/flange fittings is to use a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks