Search results

1. albertadave

Strange Tank bladder problem..

My pump was cycling, every 5 seconds. So I assumed it was a waterlogged bladder..Shut everything down, closed all the valves, and drained the tank. Tried to put air in the tank, after it was empty. Gauges went up a few pounds, then down to zero.. The bottom drain was still open, and air came out...
  2. albertadave

SST-60.. Still have iron.

I did a test today..I cut a 7" piece of copper pipe in half, (From when I installed 3 new Watts, full port ball valves,to replace the old gate valve bypass setup before my softener) about a year ago. The piece on the right..was immersed in an Ironout solution for 24 hours. And this what the...
  3. albertadave

Tom ,my pipes are 3/4"copper. What would you recommend for treating my iron situation.. 2..7 to 3.0 PPM, and my GPM is around 4....
  4. albertadave

The reason for the bubbles, I found out , has nothing to do with the water source.. "Nucleation points" are where the bubbles form. They can be caused by defects on the glass itself, or an improperly cleaned glass, can cause this. Champagne glasses or flutes, have built in defects or...
  5. albertadave

Thanks Gary.. The resin tank was spotless ,I think the existing rust in the pipes is probably the reason. Is their anyway to backwash or clean the pipes. Could you give me a rough idea of my salt and regeneration settings, based on my specs above....
  6. albertadave

I just re-bedded my resin tank with SST-60 .Cleaned the resin tank spotless, added water very slowly, and did a full regeneration. I don't have a fancy test kit, but my small Phenanthroline test, still indicates the presence of iron.The glass on the left, softened. (very light orange koolaid...
  7. albertadave

What's wrong here..

Not to point out the obvious..."]http://passport2design.com/design-blunders-in-central-america/.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks