Search results

1. RWL

Acid Neutralizer suggestions

Any feeling on the cubic foot size of the neutralizer I need? Is the Fleck 7000 a good choice for this?
  2. RWL

What components would you recommend?

The Pex is probably only 3 years old (pH 5.5), so I'm hoping that it isn't in imminant danger of going since it took 20+ years for the first pin holes to devlop in the copper pipe. That's not to diminish the significance of dezincification, since it will be dealt with when I finally figure out...
  3. RWL

Brine Level keeps rising in Master NS-10T

Follow up. The quick take is that it seems to be working since I took it apart yesterday. I cleaned off the faces of the flapper valves and redid the ends of the brine tubing. The water level dropped to something more reasonable after it was cycled, and I watched brine being drawn up during...
  4. RWL

Acid Neutralizer suggestions

Our water's pH is 5.5 so I need an acid neutralizer. Our experience with our dying current conditioner is that we need the calcite - corrosex mix to neutralize the acidity. A flow test by the Culligan rep showed a flow rate of 8.4 gal / min. Two adults live here and there are 2.5 baths...
  5. RWL

Hmmm. I need some education. What is WROT? IIRC bronze is tin and copper, and brass is zinc and copper. Did you mean to say brass rather than bronze valves? I believe my current well settings are 40 and 60 psi for the cut-in and cut-out pressures. Below are photos of my valves. They're a...
  6. RWL

Pretty close Gary. The lable on the head says Pottstown, not too far from Reading, but they could have relocated. I didn't check to see if they moved. Orchard pump is about 4 miles from my house and I pass it on my way to work daily. I bought one part (the arm on the clock that trips the...
  7. RWL

Correction. There's about a foot of bronze valve / galvanized iron pipe before the pex begins. And the pex is about 3 FEET long, not the 3 inches that the original post had.
  8. RWL

The Master NS-10T combination acid neutralizer & softener (Pottstown, PA) is 25 years old. You can see photos of the head in my other post regarding the brine tank overflowing. From comments by others, it's an Autotrol valve. Having cleaned some screens in the head that hadn't been cleaned...
  9. RWL

Why back flush every 3 days? One of the things I don't like about our current softener is that it's set to do just that, and I'm winding up using roughly 750+ lbs of salt a year, plus all the water from the well we're wasting and dumping in the septic system. If it has to be, it has to be, but...
  10. RWL

I'm not sure that you can replace the resin on this one. The top and bottom tanks are held together by a black collar, and apparently a tube runs through the acid neutralizer top tank to get to the bottom softening tank. Getting the black collar to slide up or down might be problematic. If...
  11. RWL

How many grains of hardness will the acid neutralizer with calcite / corrosex mix add to the water? What size acid neutralizer / cu ft of neutralizing material should I get?
  12. RWL

Ps PS. I forgot to add that it's now just my wife and I at home, so estimated 120 gal / day total water useage. 2-1/2 baths.
  13. RWL

I recently had our water retested because of a problem with our current Master NS-10T acid neutralizer / softener combination unit. The main problem with our well is an acidic pH, which has resulted in pin holes in our copper pipes that precede the softener. The NS-10 originally had calcite...
  14. RWL

Thanks to both of you for the information. You're right about this being a salt / water hog. It was originally set up by the plumber to recycle 2x per week. The resin has a 10,000 grain capacity, and I calculate that we could probably go 10 days until we need to cycle the unit. As I've begun...
  15. RWL

As a result, the brine tank overflowed. After 20+ years of flawless service, this is the first problem. I've been getting the dog and pony show from Culligan and Kinetico, thinking that this might be the life expectancy of the neutralizer / softener combo. Culligan service tech said the head...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks