Search results

1. JPat

Galvanized pipe holes (again)

4" steel well with a 4" pump...Your installer is afraid the pump will get stuck in the well after mineral build up on the inside casing. By using Galv drop pipe he can pull it out with more force, however galv drop pipe is not made with the same metals anymore and therefore deteriorates faster...
  2. JPat

Well water level sounder?

So, we have been using this water level meter for a couple years now and due to the inconsistencies, we have purchased another meter from Ravensgate. The problems we have had with the Eno Scientific model are that you need a sealed well to keep the "puff" of air in the casing. However, even...
  3. JPat

Well pump setup questions

Some type of pressure relief should be installed. When the zones switch you will get an increase of pressure and dead head the system against your sprinkler valves, over time they will fail prematurely due to the excessive pressure.
  4. JPat

Water supply to New/Old Home

The "feed" or suction line should be 1.25". You really only need the foot valve, as it is a check valve. Pvc is perfect, just make sure your joints are sealed perfectly or you will have suction leaks. The piping going to the pressure tank should be 1", since the discharge of your pump will...
  5. JPat

Driving a well, needing some advice

My expertise is in N. Illinois and all areas are different, but here goes anyway... There is no water in clay, but clay is a good barrier to keep contaminants out of the ground water. There should not be enough clay in the point to clog it, as it probably has a larger tip on it then the rest of...
  6. JPat

why is a pressure tank with a bladder better than plain old steel pressure tank

Yum..."If anything the sediment stays on the bottom and doesn't end up in your plumbing" That's what I want to drink, water that is passing by said sediment at the bottom of the tank. Bleeder systems are historically installed improperly, causing even more oxidation. I don't know any good...
  7. JPat

why is a pressure tank with a bladder better than plain old steel pressure tank

Which one gives you "cleaner" water. A tank that the water and air are in contact inside of a galvanized steel tank, where the outlet is 2-3" off the bottom allowing for a build-up of sediment. or A tank that the water is held in a rubber bladder that may need some maintenance or replacement...
  8. JPat

Well pumping up lots of black stuff. Filter needs changing every 5-7 days.

Are these particles metal...put a magnet to them. If they are, the well casing is deteriorating and has collected at the bottom of the well. When you draw "hard" from the well they are becoming suspended and pulled into the house. Your local well driller would then be able to hydro-flush or...
  9. JPat

pump not getting up as high in pressure anymore

Agreed the heat has warped the impeller/jet inside the pump head. The air pressure in the tank should ideally be 2psi less than what the pump turns on at, however you can lower this air pressure to 12psi less than what the pump turns on at. It is not recommended but it will give you more...
  10. JPat

tapping into an existing well when the power goes out

I have had a cust. with this same problem. The first thing you need to find out is if you can get piping past the "pitless adapter". If you can you can look at systems like this one...not my company btw. http://www.bisonpumps.com/ but this is probably exactly what you are interested in...
  11. JPat

Well, the owner of my company just bought 2...Ive tried it on our office well and it is simple and accurate. I will keep you all updated as we use them.
  12. JPat

Replacing tank on vfd

Meh, tanks go bad all the time. The rubber that most companies are using is recycled... "Do it yourself" tanks have a high failure rate as well. 5yr warranty on all tanks!!!
  13. JPat

Build up on Galvanized well pipe (Reddish brown)

Bryan, if you can use 1" sch 80 pvc threaded pipe insead of the poly pipe, you will have no worries in future extraction. It is light and extremely long lasting, without the head ache of pulling the pump or installing it in one shot. We all know valveman is against VFD's, but I have installed...
  14. JPat

Thanks for the feedback so far...The fact that it can "see" past torque arrestors is amazing, never thought to even ask that. As for the poly lines, we deal with a lot of residential wells that have existing pumps set and need to know their pumping levels for upgrades, water levels newly drilled...
  15. JPat

Replacing tank on vfd

Hmmm. Every VFD we have installed, the manufacturer recommends 70% air pressure to running pressure...Doing the math for you; if your running pressure is 60psi the pre-charge in the tank should be 42psi.
  16. JPat

Does anyone have a recomendation on a good frequency sounder for measuring water levels of well with DROP PIPE INSTALLED? I am researching an Eno Scientific 2010 Pro and I cannot find a single review of this product. Thanks in advance. Jason
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks