Well water level sounder?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by JPat, Mar 5, 2012.

1. JPat

JPat New Member

Does anyone have a recomendation on a good frequency sounder for measuring water levels of well with DROP PIPE INSTALLED?
    I am researching an Eno Scientific 2010 Pro and I cannot find a single review of this product.
    Thanks in advance. Jason
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

The most accurate way is to use an air line. I use 1/4" poly with a pressure gauge and schrader valve on a tee up top.
  3. Teets

Teets CT pump guy

We use one of theses and they work very well. 2 nice features are they see past torque guides and arrestors, and that you can use automatic static water level logging for tests more than a few hours or days.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

If you make a living testing existing wells I think the $1000 would be worth it but you can buy a lot of 1/4" poly for that much. Mind you, taping 1/4" poly to the downpipe is really only practical when setting a pump.
  5. JPat

JPat New Member

Thanks for the feedback so far...The fact that it can "see" past torque arrestors is amazing, never thought to even ask that. As for the poly lines, we deal with a lot of residential wells that have existing pumps set and need to know their pumping levels for upgrades, water levels newly drilled wells(deep) and in monitoring wells etc. I'll keep checking here for more user feedback.
    Also is anyone using a different sounder for this application that I can research and compair?
    thanks again
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  6. JPat

JPat New Member

Well, the owner of my company just bought 2...Ive tried it on our office well and it is simple and accurate. I will keep you all updated as we use them.