Search results

1. Blooze

Older Manabloc - Questions

My plumber, who retired last year, wouldn’t swap out the angle stops. Like I stated, he said the stubouts would need to be replaced first. That will require opening the wall at each sink and toilet unfortunately. Cheaper than a manifold though.
  2. Blooze

Yep. This house has been on soft water (hot and cold lines) since it was built in 2004 I suspect. We didn’t buy it until 4 1/2 years ago, so…… The stems in the valves are plastic with a knurled end that goes into a plastic piece that’s in the knob. Basically it’s cheap builder grade junk. It...
  3. Blooze

I just know that the plumber wasn’t able to install them. The throat depth of the old valves is about 1/2 that of the brasscraft ones he was trying to use as replacements . Basically, even to put the brasscraft ones on, the nut would be in the drywall. He just didn’t have enough stubout length...
  4. Blooze

Yep, that's exactly what they did. I don't know when our softener was installed, but most likely after the Manabloc. I'm still thinking about installing the John Guest shutoff in the 1/4" line just for ease next time I need to change the filters. I can probably do that without messing something...
  5. Blooze

They are plastic. The older, smaller nubs. You can get replacement valves with larger nubs. Another issue is they stubbed out in copper, but used cheap 1/4 turn valves that have a plastic stem and the knob just strips when you try to turn them. So they are useless. I had a plumber come in to...
  6. Blooze

While I'm asking, if (or when) this Manabloc needs replacing what would be the best way to have this done? Copper manifold with ball valves? Like I said I'm not a plumber, but the ones we have around here I'll probably need to specify what I want because the only good one finally retired.
  7. Blooze

We have a home built in 2004 with a Manabloc that was installed on the original build. We have been living in the home since 2018 and I've never used the Manabloc valves. There is small RO system in the basement equipment room on an adjacent wall to the Manabloc that goes the length of the house...
  8. Blooze

Help with Water-Right system

We moved into our home several years ago and a Water-Right IM-1044 was already installed. The regeneration cycle is set to go off every 12 days regardless, but the system is metered as well. I only move through 40lbs of salt about every two months. Family of two lived here (they had it...
  9. Blooze

1/4 turn supply line valves broke

Even pulling the escutcheon I’m not sure there’s enough. These old valves have about 1/2 the throat of that if any of the current ones. The piggyback would be the only way to go with the toilets I think.
  10. Blooze

Delta Bonnet Nut

I ended up just hand tightening it with my off-hand as tight as I could then gave it an 1/8 turn. Seemed to work. I put a small amount of Danco 88693 waterproof food grade silicone grease on the threads of the bonnet and cap. I replaced the o-ring on the faucet for the swivel head as well since...
  11. Blooze

I never updated this. Had a plumber come in to look at these and who ever originally plumbed the house didn't leave enough stub out to get new compression valves to seat. The original valves have a shallow throat compared to any of the new ones. Because we are all PEX with copper stubs he would...
  12. Blooze

Delta Bonnet Nut

So, I suck at any plumbing and typically stay away from any of it, but our Delta single handle kitchen faucet keeps leaking at the cartridge and filling up and running down under the cabinet. I took it apart last week and the cap was stuck to the bonnet. So I put it all back together, snugged it...
  13. Blooze

I can get the knob to turn 90 degrees to the off position, but it does not slow the water flow one bit.
  14. Blooze

The knob didn’t come off. It feels just like your turning the the valve on and off. There’s a slight bit of resistance like a new one would feel, but it doesn’t shut anything off. I figured the stem broke from the ball. If that’s the case I didn’t know if the remains but of stem (with handle...
  15. Blooze

We recently moved into a new house and I went to check the shutoff valves under the sinks and toilets. All 1/4 turn Nibco. First toilet no problem. Second toilet was stuck. I slowly worked it back and forth a bit and it seemed to come free and turn to the off stop, but the water didn’t shut off...
  16. Blooze

Grounding in ceiling light.

I finally found some of the larger box Saf-t-braces so I think I may switch the one I installed out for the larger box for more room. One thing that still is a problem is that the hanger bolts sit right in front of the knockout. Can I cut down the bolts so there is some clearance there for the...
  17. Blooze

Grounding in ceiling light.

We had to replace our entryway light yesterday and after a few hiccups got it up. First off it had an old fiberglass box from whent he house was built in the late 70's that was basically hanging there on nothing. Took it out and put a Saf-T-Brace hanger with the metal box in it. Then of...
  18. Blooze

A different outdoor faucet leaking indoors deal

The bricklayer came yesterday and did this. He cut the pipe insulation back the depth of the brick and mortared it in. He has done work for a handful of people I know and runs a crew here in town that lay brick for new construction. Never heard a bad word about his work. My only concern is...
  19. Blooze

This is what I ended up doing. Since the pipe insulation around the lay right up against the foamboard, putting anything between it and the foamboard wasn't possible. So I doodled a little sketch of what I did. Insulated on each side with a strip of R13, leaving a gap from the pipe insulation to...
  20. Blooze

I do have a question about replacing the insulation in this small space. The studs and a horizontal stud form a small rectangle around the pipe. The studs on the sides are about 6-7 inches from each side of the pipe (it's centered) and then there is one that is just behind (horizontal) the top...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks