Search results

1. mar504

Tub drain - galvanized waste/brass/PVC/I'm over my head

Thanks guys! Cutting the nut off worked well, I did manage to damage the top 2 threads however. May not matter, the threads below it are corroded to hell, I'd either need to use a giant gasket or another solution. Can I use one of those fernco couplings to transition from the old pipe to PVC? It...
  2. mar504

Another view of the drain... so, yeah, its pretty much welded together with rust and corrosion, no way its coming off unless I cut it off somehow.
  3. mar504

Looking for suggestions on how to handle this situation. We removed the old cast iron tub that's been in a bathroom for 50 years. The attached picture is the waste pipe, house is on a slab. I can't get that nut off the waste pipe, tried spraying lots of WD-40 and let it sit but did not help...
  4. mar504

Broken offset toilet flange - why is everything 10 times harder than it should be?

Thanks guys! I will fix the drywall and make sure there is a gap at the bottom. The house is on a slab so no access from underneath. jadnashua you mentioned that they do make repair rings, there was a repair ring (I believe, but they didn't bolt it to the floor) on top of the flange in the...
  5. mar504

Broken offset toilet flange - why is everything 10 times harder than it should be?

So our bathroom had mold behind the toilet, so I dove right in and removed the toilet and replaced the drywall. I'm starting to think about the hard part... getting the toilet back in. Of course nothing is ever as simple as it should be and I'm starting to get over my head. The offset cast iron...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks