Search results

1. Layne

Bathroom design

I've torn out a 1930's era bathroom with nothing still usable, so I'm now tasked with building a new one from scratch. I live outside of any city, so no need for inspections or strict code adherence, but of course I want it to work properly anyway. Here's a bird's eye view of what I'm working...
  2. Layne

Which condensate drain is better?

This will not be inspected, I just prefer to do things as correctly as possible. So I have a loft above a laundry room that contains an air conditioner and a water heater. I need a place to drain the a/c's condensate and also to connect the drain pan for the water heater. Initially I planned to...
  3. Layne

Gas pipe compression fitting

I saw this fitting on my gas pipe under the house where the pipe had been modified probably 30 years ago and I didn't like the looks of it. Then I saw one on the shelf at lowe's and realized that is has rubber inside, and that makes me really uncomfortable. Would you replace it with something...
  4. Layne

Check this Y before I glue it

Hello all, I'm replacing an old lead bathtub trap and adding a washing machine drain at the same time here. My concern is to make sure I'm doing the Y correctly to prevent washing machine water from backing up into the tub. Specifically, would it be better if the tub Y'd in from the top...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks