Search results

1. Garfield

PEX and Air Chambers

Chicago suburb, Lake County, and PEX is allowed here. We follow the Illinois Plumbing Code, with a few local amendments that aren't applicable to this issue. The local Plumbing Inspector says that air chambers are required at every fixture, even though the manufacturer says that air chambers...
  2. Garfield

Searched for PEX on this site and came up empty

Yeah, you're right Cacher. Real plumbers use lead, since the word plumber came from plumbium, the Latin word for lead. Maybe the terms need to be updated. How about "cuprer" from the Latin cuprum for copper. I don't think there is a Latin translation for CPVC or PEX. Maybe we should call...
  3. Garfield

Searched for PEX on this site and came up empty

This is strange. I typed "PEX" (without the quotation marks) in the search line and it came back with 0 results. And I just posted a post with PEX in it. I did a search on polyethylene and saw several posts with PEX in the content or title. Any ideas? Can anybody else put PEX in the...
  4. Garfield

Manifold size vs Supply size

Hello all, this is my first post here. I am doing a gut/remodel of a house built in 1942 or so. I have ripped out all the galvanized supply piping and will replace it with PEX. The water supply into the house and out of the meter is brand new 3/4" copper. My manifolds have 1" input and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks