Search results

1. Beach004

Mysterious breaker trip

No, the panel breaker, as far as I can tell, is identical to the ones above and below it, and is probably the same breaker that has been in the box for 20 years, just now connected to different outlets.
  2. Beach004

Mysterious breaker trip

I just had my kitchen totally remodelled--all new lights and outlets were part of it. As I was moving back in, on one circuit I turned on both a microwave and a toaster oven. The circuit breaker blew--no huge surprise. But this morning, I tried to run only the microwave--and the breaker again...
  3. Beach004

Orange County mud

Hazy water mystery solved :o Well, that explains it. I finally went under the house and poked around. I had a whole house filter installed back in the fall--except it turns out, it isn't the whole house. As the line came in from the well, before it got to the filter, a branch was run...
  4. Beach004

Orange County mud

I had never heard of Sharkbite; but a quick look at the Home Depot website suggests this would be ideal for the piddling project I propose--replacing one longish run of Pex. I'll go home soon and take a look at the situation and see if that can be confirmed. Thanks for the tip!
  5. Beach004

Orange County mud

PEX it is; my acidic water was eating the copper, so I hired a plumber to replace it with PEX. I lack the required crimping tool; maybe I should make the investment and try this. I remember fifty plus years ago, soldering copper connections with my Dad when he added a bathroom on our...
  6. Beach004

Orange County mud

Both responses are good ideas; a settling tank will be difficult because of the tight quarters in my crawl space, where all this except the hot water heater is located; and my garage doesn't allow room for a tank of any significant size, either. If it's sediment in the kitchen cold water...
  7. Beach004

Orange County mud

I knew it was too good to last! My turbidity is back; but with an added mystery: It's only present in the kitchen, cold water tap! I'm using a 1 micron whole house filter (see above), and in the course of six weeks, my flow decreased to the point where I needed to change it; lots of orange...
  8. Beach004

Orange County mud

Follow up. It's now been 2 1/2 weeks since I chlorinated, and as of yesterday, I really can't distinguish my tap water from bottled water. That would argue for the problem being iron bacteria; if it had just been ferrous iron in the well water, and my chlorination had oxidized it to ferric, it...
  9. Beach004

what fits in a crawl space?

It would appear someone has phished this email address...
  10. Beach004

That could work...unfortunately the filter is right in front of the opening to the crawl space--very convenient for changing filters, but if I put any more paraphernalia in that area, it will cramp access to the rest of my crawl space. But it might be an answer. I can see me under there...
  11. Beach004

This is related to my previous thread about orange "mud," ( https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?41583-Orange-County-mud&p=297364 ) but may get to a different "audience." My problem at the moment is a very fine turbidity in my water; it could be colloidal iron (see that thread), I guess...
  12. Beach004

Orange County mud

Water analysis Thanks, Porky; I had the water analyzed in 2005, and again in January of this year, by the Health Dept. of NC. The analyses were almost identical: hardness = 23mg/L, alkalinity = 35mg/L, no bacteria; iron = <0.1ppm in 2011; pH 6.0. But this was on a sample that had been...
  13. Beach004

Orange County mud

I have posted this problem, partially, on another Forum; but this group seems to be even more expert, so now I'd like to try again, since I have not gotten to the bottom of my well problems. The title is a weak pun; I live in Orange County NC, and my problem is orange "mud". I've got a good...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks