what fits in a crawl space?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by beach004, May 2, 2011.

1. beach004

beach004 New Member

This is related to my previous thread about orange "mud," ( http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?41583-Orange-County-mud&p=297364 ) but may get to a different "audience." My problem at the moment is a very fine turbidity in my water; it could be colloidal iron (see that thread), I guess it could be clay; regardless, a 0.5 micron filter in a Big Blue filter housing isn't fully removing it.

But here's my problem: My water comes from the well 50 yards away, underground to my crawl space, which is very literally that--never more than 3 feet clearance. There it comes into a pressure tank, then through the Big Blue filter, then on to the house. I have a small garage, where the hot water heater is, and not much other space. So I'm wondering, what kind of treatment system, to get rid of that haze, can I add on in the crawl space?
    Thanks,
    Beach004
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

My former home had a crawlspace with a gravel floor so I just dug a hole for the softener to sit in.
  3. beach004

beach004 New Member

That could work...unfortunately the filter is right in front of the opening to the crawl space--very convenient for changing filters, but if I put any more paraphernalia in that area, it will cramp access to the rest of my crawl space. But it might be an answer. I can see me under there, digging away, like Huck Finn and Jim, trying to break Jim out of the cabin...
  4. beach004

beach004 New Member

It would appear someone has phished this email address...