Search results

1. N

First chlorination; How do I open my well?

Thank you everyone! Especially ballvalve - thank you for the detailed answer.
  2. N

you mean I need to remove the sillcock, and leave the well seal with the connecting pipe as is??? Sorry :confused::o
  3. N

Hi everyone, I need to do chlorination of my well, I read the instructions, and everything seems clear except a tiny thing - how do I actually open the well??? As you can see One of the screws is right below the water pipe; also there was a plastic PVC seal on top of an air pipe (???)...
  4. N

Well Water test results. Recommendations?

One more question: If we install a particle filtration system for the whole house, will we still need to have a Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System under the kitchen sink to make the water safe to drink? Or is it an overkill?... and one filter is enough considering our water test results?
  5. N

Thank you. It's all getting clearer to me now (not the water, but my understanding of the problem :) ). I believe me have ferrous iron (the water is orangish) and we have IRB (the slime is especially noticeable in toilet tanks). So chlorination should get rid of IRB, and a particle filter will...
  6. N

Any comments of the water test results? does the hardness level require a softener? Is it safe to drink it? Do we need chlorination? Thank you.
  7. N

Thank you Gary, Yes, we have a well and the water is always discolored. It's reddish as if we have clay in it (my reading suggests that it's iron feeding bacteria). A disposable cartridge filter gets filled very fast. The well is two years old, The house was unoccupied until now. we let...
  8. N

We bought a house with a well. The water is brownish in color and leaves reddish oily stains, so we tested it. Here is what we received back. Arsenic <0.00047 U Copper 0.00829 B Lead 0.00997 mg/L Manganese 0.0894 mg/L (exceeds allowable limit) Calcium 5.90 mg/L (exceeds allowable limit)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks