Search results

1. TedO

Drainage Fixture Units & RV Plumbing

Where did you find that? That's a copy of my plan!
  2. TedO

Just found this under "Drainage Piping": "One and one-quarter inch (32 mm) minimum diameter piping shall be required for one and not more than three individually vented fixtures." If I'm reading that right, having three fixtures on a 1-1/4'' drain pipe just doesn't sound like a good idea to me...
  3. TedO

Thanks hj. Agreed. You inspired me to find this (not sure why it's taken me so long): "NFPA 1192: Standard on Recreational Vehicles, 2018." It has a detailed section on plumbing. I haven't read it word for word, but so far the only reference I can find on drain pipe sizing related to my question...
  4. TedO

OK - thanks. Families with little kids and only one bathroom might argue with that, but I get it.
  5. TedO

OK - thanks. It seems pretty straightforward. I'm curious why a full bath group with <1.6 gal. WC is 5 f.u. Do they not include the lavatory? Otherwise seems like it would WC, shower and lav, which would be 3+2+1. I'm wondering how they arrive at caveats like that.
  6. TedO

This is ultimately about a 1968 RV I'm restoring but hopefully has enough plumbing concepts to qualify the forum. Since I haven't found anything to tell me otherwise, I'm trying to follow residential codes/best practices as much as possible in redoing the plumbing. Due to space constraints and...
  7. TedO

When to Redo a PVC joint

I made a PVC joint in between a 3'' 45 degree elbow and a piece of pipe where I'm reasonable sure that the pipe is only about 3/4'' into the socket. The parts were primed and I believe there was a sufficient amount of glue involved. The location made it tough to get leverage and I just didn't...
  8. TedO

Toilet drain/vent question

OK - sounds like a "no" on the sanitary Tee. Two 45's would be acceptable, though? Also still wondering about the two 45 degree bends in the horizontal 3'' pipe. It seems like that might not be ideal, but I can't see another way to do it. Also - if anything else in the plan looks off...
  9. TedO

My fault, really. "After" should be on the right. I figured that out after I was done, but it was too late. So, just to be clear, with the 2'' pointing up, I can definitely use: http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/611942/611942035694lg.jpg But what about a sanitary Tee...
  10. TedO

Thanks for the reply, Redwood. Would this be an acceptable unit: http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/611942/611942035694lg.jpg
  11. TedO

Thanks bnitsuj007, glad to be of service. Anyone else able to comment?
  12. TedO

As this is my first post, let me first say that over the years I've found plenty of useful, candid advise on this forum - thanks all. I need to replace a section of 4'' CI waste stack and lead closet bend in an "older" house, and hope that someone will be able to tell me if I'm on the right...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks