Search results

1. javedikian

Slow leak discovered where toilet flange meets drain

Well, filled the tank and the drip started right away. I have the Kohler canister and the seal to the bowl is totally deteriorated. My son confirmed he hears the water turn on. So two part problem. Fix the seal and put in a new flange.
  2. javedikian

Thanks everyone. Correct, there have been no issues flushing the toilet although my son is very good a clogging it. I will refill the tank only and see if the leak returns. I figured I'd hear the refilling if it was leaking.
  3. javedikian

The joint is 20 years old. Is it unusual for it to go bad?
  4. javedikian

I'll double check that but the floor and grout were not wet. I think those stains may be old. Before we bought the house, the bathroom only had carpet. So any overflows would have leaked more through the floor. The water was trickeling down the otherside of the pipe away from the wood beam...
  5. javedikian

OK, I'll make that part of this project.
  6. javedikian

We heard water dripping inside the ds closet and found (after removing the soggy drywall) that the toilet flange above it was leaking water at the joint with the drain pipe. I dried the pipe and watched and felt the water bead up and drip from the joint. It was definitely not coming from the...
  7. javedikian

Elbow to p-trap space

Here is a picture Is this configuration OK?
  8. javedikian

Elbow to p-trap space

I figured out a new plan with the fewest parts and joints. Also, I forgot to mention one other snag, there is a cold water supply line running through the middle of this hole, although I could cut and re-rout. I want to extend the wate pipe 8" across to the other side of the hole, then directly...
  9. javedikian

Elbow to p-trap space

OK, I will look into those. Ideally, I would move the elbow further back but it was difficult to even cut out the old elbow because it goes back so far under the slab. I don't think I can dig out much more without having to break up the concrete. I would like to get rid of the spacer in...
  10. javedikian

Elbow to p-trap space

I am replacing all the pipe in the slab under my shower up to the waste line. The reason, there were two 45 degree elbows that were used to vertically align the pipe with the shower drain. However, I am installing a new Kerdi shower and the 1.5" before hitting the first elbow puts the drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks