Search results

1. Concerned

Help! Is shower trim wrong in all 3 bathrooms?!

First of all, let me thank all the members of this forum. Because of you, I am much closer to reaching an acceptable outcome to this situation. Secondly, if this forum doubles as a venue for plumbers to vent their frustrations with their clients, the homeowners, I apologize for unwittingly...
  2. Concerned

Terry, You are correct about 1/8" - 1/4" being incorrect. That's what the Moen representative told me on the phone yesterday "off the top of her head." I just called back and had the rep look it up and got different numbers this time. This rep also had another suggestion. It seems I can get an...
  3. Concerned

I am certainly not "one of those customers." My SO and I have had everything go wrong in our remodel: from tile installation in the bathrooms to the wood floors to the kitchen cabinets and now this. Through it all, we have been extremely patient and level-headed with our sub-contractors, and...
  4. Concerned

Should this incorrect positioning of the valve be obvious to a reputable plumber? My plumber is licensed and all, but when I kept saying the handle looked "wrong" sticking up off the wall plate he just, basically, said, "Nah, no way. It's fine. It won't leak back there. Don't worry about it."...
  5. Concerned

Hello: As part of a whole house remodel, we reno'd 3 bathrooms. The master shower has 2 sets of trim handles--1 for the showerhead and 1 for the jets. All in all, we have 4 sets of shower handles. They are all Moen (different models) and all have the correct rough-in valve. Our concern is that...
  6. Concerned

Copper vs CPVC

Thank you for all of your responses. Yes, hj, it is that transition point that really concerns me. The plumber used sharkbites to connect the copper to cpvc. I suppose I should know what material the sharkbites are made from, but I'm not sure at this moment. I'll have more information later...
  7. Concerned

Copper vs CPVC

I have a very short question, but I will try to give as much background info as possible. We are renovating our home in north central Florida (winter temp can be in the low teens for a handful of nights a year and summer days can reach up to 140 degrees in some attics). The house was built in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks