Search results

1. moose186

Ok to connect two SS flex supply lines?

thanks everyone for the great help... after 3 months of weekend work and some weeknights, the bathroom is done and working and no leaks and life is calm again.
  2. moose186

Ok to connect two SS flex supply lines?

Is it safe/ok to make a 24" length of flex braided supply line using two 12" lines with a brass coupling? My supply valve is 22" from the faucet. Also, my tailpipe in the bath sink has rubber gaskets above and below the drain...should I be using plumbers putty too or is the rubber enough...
  3. moose186

Plumbing a double vanity

last minute suggestions? On my way to the plumbing supply shop in the morning to get materials...any last minute comments from anyone? One quick question- is it going to be ok that my hot and cold stubs are going to be uneven? I'm not too concerned about the look of it as it will be within...
  4. moose186

Plumbing a double vanity

HJ- I'm a little confused- is the 'back to back' fixture the SAME as the double fixture tee, or do you disagree with Redwood (implying that instead the double fixture tee is the same as the double combination Y-1/8 bend)? And are you saying the couplings in my photo are incorrect or the Proflex...
  5. moose186

Plumbing a double vanity

thanks again Redwood...all the help very much appreciated.
  6. moose186

Plumbing a double vanity

Ah, thanks so much Redwood. The supply suggestions sound perfect. Will it matter that the stubs on sink #2 are so much lower than sink #1? Or is this just an aesthetic thing? So the double sanitary tee won't cut it? Need the double fixture tee? And those couplings I have on there are thicker...
  7. moose186

Plumbing a double vanity

Follow up with pictures, double vanity Here are pics of the job. The top photo with all copper shows a close up of the original area where I would have to T off the supply lines. The bottom 'after' image shows my work of getting the waste near the new sink with PVC, replacing that copper...
  8. moose186

Plumbing a double vanity

Fubar411- no, not an exterior wall. Vanity would stay, yeah. Redwood- I have minimal room to cut the 1/2 supply lines to tee off of it. Can't fit a hacksaw or rotating copper cutter tool. How do I cut the pipes? A Dremel? And if I hired a pro to do this, what would be a fair price? thanks guys...
  9. moose186

Plumbing a double vanity

Hi- I'm doing a remodel and changing a single bathroom vanity to a double sink. I had planned on tapping off of the supply lines of sink #1 with a double valve, and running flexible SS braided lines from the valves to the faucets, directly above the supply lines to sink #1 and laterally to sink...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks