Search results

1. jsarin1

Replacing rusted drum trap with pvc ptrap.

i cut off the drum trap and am trying to replace it with a p trap. But I can't achieve a negative slope after the p trap tail piece because the existing drain pipe is about 8 inches higher. Can I still install the p trap if I need a vertical run to reach the drain pipe? Hopefully this new...
  2. jsarin1

The ptrap is lower than the pipe that leads to the main sewer line by six inches. This is because of how they had positioned the drum trap. An alternative to this is to cap off the galvanized pipe and tie this bath tub drain to another 2in. drain that's 15 feet away. Would this be better than...
  3. jsarin1

I'm installing a new tub and removing an old drum trap. I'll be replacing the galvanized piping with 2in. PVC/P-Trap using a shielded Fernco between the new and old work. The pipe to the main drain line is higher than the drum trap, about 2" below the plywood floor above. The bottom of the...
  4. jsarin1

Wiring Bathroom Fan

Jim, Thanks for the reply. That setup works perfectly, just what I needed. Also it looks like I'm scrapping the crown molding idea and boring my studs instead. Thanks again all.
  5. jsarin1

Wiring Bathroom Fan

Looks like according to code, I need to use metal conduit to run the wiring. I can install the conduit behind a crown molding as long as it has 1 1/2 in. from surface of the molding. I'll be doing this instead. Can you help with the wiring part of this?
  6. jsarin1

Wiring Bathroom Fan

Can someone explain how to wire a bathroom fan using the wiring from a standard outlet? Attached is a photo of the outlet's wiring. I believe the clump of white wires together is neutral and the black is hot. There are also a blue, red, and another white that connect in the box that I...
  7. jsarin1

Furnace will not light

Took a photo of the lower compartment as reference.
  8. jsarin1

Furnace will not light

I have a Honeywell circuit board labeled ST9120C 4040. Is this circuit board equivalent to an ignition control module?
  9. jsarin1

Furnace will not light

I forgot to include that the furnace is getting electrical power. The blower spins when you turn it on and at the thermostat. According to the thermostat it is calling for heat. I changed the batteries, but that did not change anything. I've had to furnace on for about 20mins and it still will...
  10. jsarin1

Furnace will not light

I have a tempstar furnace with a honeywell smartvalve system. The ignitor will not get red hot to light the furnace. I replaced the thermocouple/ignitor with an equivalent one (Honeywell Q3400A1040 Replacement Ignitor) and it still did not light. Then I suspected a gas supply problem. When I...
  11. jsarin1

Is Softened Water Safe to Drink?

Filtering after softening? What if the water is cartridge filtered after the softener? Does the filter remove the sodium particles? I have a GE cartiridge ( http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=MWF ) for my refrigerator water dispenser, not reverse...
  12. jsarin1

Water Softener On = No Pressure, Bypass = Normal Pressure?

The turbulator was plugged before I refilled the resin. It is an Autotrol 155 unit. I unplugged the softener and noticed that in the output port that goes to the house (not from the well) had some resin beads in it. Does this mean that some of the beads are in the valves? If so, how can...
  13. jsarin1

Water Softener On = No Pressure, Bypass = Normal Pressure?

I just replaced the media in my water softener with a standard resin and amount as suggested by the supplier. After reinstalling the softener I am getting no pressure at all to my house. When I bypass the the softener, I get normal pressure. I have manually regenerated twice without any...
  14. jsarin1

New tub/shower trim and valve...now tub spout only drips...

I found this on the Delta website: http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/faq/Water+Pressure/ Is this the process I need to do to flush the water lines?
  15. jsarin1

So I tried to check for the PB problem. When the lever is 100% to on...with both HOT and COLD valves open there the spout drips. With the HOT valve open and COLD valve closed drip continues. With COLD valve open and HOT valve closed the drip stops. Does this mean its a PB problem? If so, how can...
  16. jsarin1

HJ thanks for your input again. I'll try to see if its a PB problem tomorrow morning as you suggest, I'll post an update soon.
  17. jsarin1

Water! I removed the Delta handle kit and reinstalled the test cap. I ran the water and it looks like I am getting full water pressure without the cartridge installed. Does this mean that it is definetly a faulty cartidge? Attached is a photo of the water running with the test cap instead...
  18. jsarin1

The cartridge was not in the valve when it was being soldered. I will remove the trim and try to see if the cartridge is faulty, but I doubt it. I'm guessing that the shut off valves are the culprits. I'll test it tomorrow as you guys suggest. If in fact the shut off valves are the cause...
  19. jsarin1

I finally finished sweating the valves and lines together in my bathtub project. Problem now is I'm not getting water! With the valve trim fully open it is only giving me drips out of the tub spout. I've provided pictures of what I've got. I installed two shut-off valves and two 90 degree...
  20. jsarin1

Rough Plumbing for Delta multiple shower heads in Tub/Shower?

I will be using a diverter tub spout...in that case, can you clarify if I should be making any changes to the routing of my lines? Also, HJ if you can comment, which of the two diagrams looks ok for teeing the open end of the diverter valve?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks