Search results

1. paulmars

Flickering and brown outs

called power company yesterday. they got here in 30 minutes. although they didn't tell us or tell us they were going to cut power. Which i expect they would need to, but it would have been nice to tell us. I looked and saw them working on pole. 30 minutes later it was back on for 10 minutes...
  2. paulmars

Flickering and brown outs

This is in my home and none of my neighbors have this issue. Two of us get power from the same wire coming from one electrical pole. He says he don't have this issue either, but I must consider that maybe he just don't notice. Occasionally (like once or a few times a day) lights flicker and/or...
  3. paulmars

HVAC service problem?

HVAC installed (replaced) in 2001. (Oil heater and conventional AC). Everything except for duct work and flue/chimney replaced. Since then Ive had a lot of questionable service and tune up service calls and now I'm doing what I can myself. I'm also in a very bad financial situation. So, any...
  4. paulmars

Shower leak on floor

Missing rubber gasket? But it looks like the pipe is below the lower edge of the keyed drain assembly. What about using underwater rated caulking? Any other options that don't require removal of shower pan? Everything there is 10 years old
  5. paulmars

Shower leak on floor

pic attached with grate removed.
  6. paulmars

Shower leak on floor

well, i cant remove the pan, so I cant really squish it down onto mortar. How about cutting some blocks to fit and using block caulking to hold in place?
  7. paulmars

Shower leak on floor

Great idea. they what we use to reinforce it more foam?
  8. paulmars

Shower leak on floor

Any ideas what i can do to fix this without tearing out the shower? shower drain never backs up, but pipe below it does leak below shower floor and only when taking shower. See pics. The drain must be leaking. It gets wet inside that wall and with long showers, it leaks out onto the finished...
  9. paulmars

Help, my oil burner is not working

Oil burner pump is not pulling in fuel. This is a single line system and beckett says that I should feel vacuum at pump inlet with the bleed port opened but I don't. The pump strainer is clean. Any ideas what could be wrong and how to test? Additional info: Yesterday, I closed the oil line...
  10. paulmars

Moen Chateau, how fix broken faucet?

That's how my other bathroom with a Moen works, but this one I don't know if Moen. I can't pull out the cartridge, it won't budge.
  11. paulmars

Moen Chateau, how fix broken faucet?

Screw broke off. don't want to remove wall. pics:
  12. paulmars

P-trap drain pipe leak

Cement foundation.
  13. paulmars

P-trap drain pipe leak

leak. see pic. the horiz drain pipe going into the wall after the trap in the bathroom is corroded on the bottom. It is corroded on the bottom and all the way thru the pipe up until about 1" from the wall. Closer to the wall, it is still corroded and fells thin on the bottom. It is only a matter...
  14. paulmars

Manometer GAGE setup

I have a Dwyer 400-5-GAGE. What is the best way to remove and replace the fluid? Which port should be used? tks, pa
  15. paulmars

Open electric circuit?

look at my images at that site. from my testing even though i removed the power and common source connection, some if the white wires are still grounded. This wiring is a mess.
  16. paulmars

Open electric circuit?

ahh ok, now I understand. If I fix the image, its fixed yes, but as soon as I post again, it reverts to the british flag. tks, might be useful with this old house. Although intermittent could cause me more trouble.
  17. paulmars

Open electric circuit?

how does that work? does it work on intermittent problem?
  18. paulmars

Open electric circuit?

I thought I fixed my image once before.
  19. paulmars

Open electric circuit?

"Also not everything on that circuit stopped working. Just everything on that end of the circuit (bathroom socket and two hardwired ceiling lamps)." They come through the central room ceiling light/fan box (which never failed to work). I tried to open that box today. when I new ceiling was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks