Search results

1. mrd

vent grade

Of course it's getting inspected. I explained the situation to the inspector, and he says I can install a santee in the drain orientation, that is, not inverted. I'll have to remember to keep my vents sloped to the fixture in the future.
  2. mrd

vent grade

As I understand it, code (at least IPC) specifies vents must slope to drain, to prevent condensation from accumulating, but it doesn't care if it slopes toward the fixture drain or toward a vent stack that slopes back to drain, as long as there aren't traps, and it slopes all the way to drain...
  3. mrd

Refrigeration grade 1/4" coil ok for refrigerator water /ice?

I believe for Type K/L/M coils, the nominal size corresponds to the inner diameter. For Type ACR, however, the nominal size corresponds to the outer diameter. So 1/4 ACR is smaller than 1/4 Type K/L/M. http://www.copper.org/applications/plumbing/techref/cth/tables/cthindex_table.html
  4. mrd

Lavatory drain size

Following the IPC, Lav = 1 DFU, and using Table 710.1(1): 1-1/2 drain @ 1/4in takes max 3 DFU, whereas 2in @ 1/4 slope takes 21 DFU max. I know greatly oversized pipes are more likely to clog.. but 2 isn't greatly oversized from 1-1/2. So which is statistically less likely to clog? The...
  5. mrd

Building drain support above grade

I have a 3in building drain running about 6in or so above grade in a tall crawlspace. The floor joists are 3-1/2 feet above the pipe. What's the best way to support the drain? I was considering using concrete blocks every 4', but I'm wondering if there's a chance the ground may settle...
  6. mrd

union trap fittings

How about a trap with cleanout?
  7. mrd

union trap fittings

I'm roughing in a tub, and have a schedule 40 waste & overflow assembly. The bathroom sits above a tall conditioned crawlspace, and I thought using a trap with slip joints would give the homeowner the option of clearing the trap if it ever needs it. I have a sched40 union trap like this...
  8. mrd

Parallel wiring for dehumidistat in bathroom

t is the duration of the shower in minutes. bw(t) is the amount of water added to the bathroom air during the shower bw(t) = aerated_water_per_minute * t iw(t) is the amount of water added to the indoor air during the shower, or after the shower when you open the door.. iw(t) = bw(t)...
  9. mrd

Parallel wiring for dehumidistat in bathroom

I'm fairly sure an exhaust fan would be more efficient than a dehumidifier, even including heating/cooling of replacement air, maintenance and repair of equipment, etc. Also, a passive intake to the rest of the house or outside air would work. The exception to 404.6(C) in 05 NEC appears to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks