Search results

1. rhliberman

American Standard Champion toilet

Thanks Thanks for the suggestions; I appreciate your time and help.
  2. rhliberman

Should I just replace the tank? We just do not like this toilet at all. Can just replace the tank?
  3. rhliberman

Can the flush valve be replaced? Thanks for that info. Can I replace the flush valve with a Fluidmaster valve? They don't look like the same size.
  4. rhliberman

We had one of these toilets about a year ago and we don't like it, or maybe it's not working properly? The problem is that it flushes so quickly and with such little water that the toilet bowl constantly requires cleaning. Is this normal? Can it be adjusted? Or, can I remove the flow...
  5. rhliberman

What is a unicheck??

Thanks Makes sense - even to me!
  6. rhliberman

What is a unicheck??

I'm replacing an old sump pump and the instructions say "When a Unicheck is installed, drill a 1/16" hole in the discharge pipe even with the top of the pump". What exactly is a Unicheck and when would I need one? I'm installing a check valve, but is this something different? Thanks!
  7. rhliberman

Why am I running out of hot water??

Thanks because I just ordered one!
  8. rhliberman

Why does my shower water temperature gradually get cooler?

Thanks, but since this only happens in the master bathroom I don't think it's a water heater problem.
  9. rhliberman

I replaced the compression valves myself a couple of years ago. I picked up the valves from a local plumbing supplier. Knowing me, I must have done something wrong - so, it could be the valves?
  10. rhliberman

When I set the water temperature before stepping into the shower, within a minute or so I can feel the water getting cooler. I have to continuously keep increasing the hot water. I have plenty of hot water, the temperature just will not stay constant. This only occurs in the master...
  11. rhliberman

I've determined it's a showerhead problem! I measured the flow from both showerheads and one of them is flowing at a rate of almost 5 gallons per minute. I'm going to replace the showerhead and see what happens. Can somebody recommend a very good basic replacement head which is not too...
  12. rhliberman

Our showers average between 6 and 7 minutes
  13. rhliberman

Our weater heater is gas, but that is a good point you make about the incoming water temperature. However, we experience this problem throughout the entire year. I'm a little confused on the flow rate. Let's say that I turned the water on in the shower at the normal temperature at which I...
  14. rhliberman

Yes, but running that test is measuring total water flow, not just the hot water - right?
  15. rhliberman

Very interesting, thanks. I'll start timing our showers. According to GE, a 50 gallon tank is sufficient for a family of four. I guess they think a four minute shower is enough!
  16. rhliberman

No, we have a basement. That's where the water heater is located. Thanks
  17. rhliberman

Two years ago we replaced our old, small-capacity water heater with a new 50 gallon GE Smart Water gas water heater. The thermostat is set on the high side - not quite scalding but pretty hot. If two people want to take a shower, the second person must wait 30 minutes or so before taking a...
  18. rhliberman

Leaky outdoor spigot

Hi - I have a relatively new (2 years) outdoor faucet similar to this kind: http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=18060 It is leaking badly from the vacuum breaker so I purchased a new vacuum breaker yesterday. However, when I installed it I still have the same problem...
  19. rhliberman

Water temperature fluctuates

But if the problem does not occur at any other faucet... Could it be the water heater if the problem does not occur anywhere else in the house? Thanks
  20. rhliberman

Water temperature fluctuates

We purchased a new GE 50 gallon gas water heater 2 years ago. We've noticed, while showering, that the water temperature fluctuates and we have to keep adjusting the hot/cold faucets. We do not run out of hot water; the temperature just will not stay the same. I drained it exactly one year ago...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks