Search results

1. Kimster

Anyone have an ABS p-trap plug?

Hi everyone, I am tearing my hair out trying to find a threaded plug for a 1.5 inch ABS p-trap cleanout. It is not a cap, like newer plumbing and I can only find one available for a 1.25 inch p-trap. Does anyone have one of these things, kicking around in some shed or garage, they can send me...
  2. Kimster

Clicker drain installation

Thanks, Smooky! I used plumber's putty and it sealed well. I have one problem, though, and maybe there's a trick somewhere... The tailpiece isn't plumb. I used a level on it and it's off so that when I went to see if it would line up with the new Ptrap, the tailpiece is at an angle. It's the...
  3. Kimster

Clicker drain installation

Hi everyone, I bought an OS&B clicker lav drain (3535QCP) with no overflow for a wall-hung sink. There are no installation instructions and there is a foam ring/gasket included that I'm not sure where it's supposed to be used. The rubber gasket and slip washer are obvious, but is the foam...
  4. Kimster

What type of sealing compound to use for this situation

I had thought of a drop-ear el but at the time, I didn't think it was necessary. What I've done is bored out a hole in a 2 x 8 and cut that in half horizontally so the stub out would be sandwiched in between the two pieces which would be screwed to the studs. The stub-out would be fastened down...
  5. Kimster

HJ and cwhyu2, you're right. I had a closer look at the threads because I had done a test to see how far they'll screw in to a "test" female adapter and I can now see some gold color beneath the silver. Thanks for that. This is the set up I'm looking at and so I'm thinking that any pipe dope is...
  6. Kimster

Thanks, jadnashua! I thought I read somewhere that when you're dealing with stainless on another metal, that the pipe dope had to be anti-galling. Maybe this is true of all pipe-dope? Any brand you particularly like? All the stuff in the box stores here is Oatey, but I can go to the plumbing...
  7. Kimster

Hi all! Still working on the bathroom reno. I have copper stub-outs with sweat-on brass 1/2 in female threaded adapters at the end. I have stainless steel 1/2 in male threaded external shower valve adapters (Grohe) that need to get screwed into the brass. Any special kind of pipe dope I should...
  8. Kimster

How far down should bush be inserted into shower drain

OK, so I won't be using the glued drain because I like to be able to disassemble things if I need to (I prefer using screws rather than nails if I can, floating floors rather than glue-down, etc.) Can anyone with experience with this type of assembly actually answer the question? TIA
  9. Kimster

LMAO! OK, I guess I asked for that, ballvalve. Any thought on the real issue at hand?
  10. Kimster

Hi everyone, I'm ready to install my shower drain kit and I have to either bush down from 2" to 1 1/2" inside the drain or use a 1 1/2" gasket rather than the 2" that comes with the kit. Our code specifies that you can use a 1 1/2" drain if there's only one shower head and I can't replace the 1...
  11. Kimster

Recommendations on lav faucets that don't use braided supply lines?

Thanks for the faucet lesson, guys. I didn't know brass had lead in it and I didn't know I'd need a beading tool if I were to need to make that kind of connection. About the new brass -- I don't mind paying the bucks for a good faucet that will last a long time. I'm thinking between $150 and...
  12. Kimster

Thanks Jimbo, I'll have a look at the link you've provided. So, it's because of lead laws. I would have never guessed. I'm not even sure where lead would be involved. I have 3/8 going out the top of the angle stops I bought. I guess some faucets come in 3/8 as well as 1/2 inch? I'm sure I...
  13. Kimster

Hey everyone, I had purchased a Grohe faucet for the lav that will be going in my new bathroom. The basin is a wall-mounted small design (19 wide x 15 deep) and will have the plumbing exposed. There is a single hole for the faucet and I'm trying to get the plumbing up as high under the lav as...
  14. Kimster

Professional opinions on this plumbing job, please.

Doing the sink rough-in right OK, since I like to be 2 steps ahead on most things, I have some questions: This is the sink I will be installing (wall-hung) This is the plumbing configuration I'm doing in case I want to get the shroud -- depending on how nice the plumbing looks...
  15. Kimster

Oh, cripes. That must have sucked. I don't think the inspector here will make me do a test anyway. I'm also going to be redoing the whole section of the stack I took out as well as the sink drain arm with the 90 that didn't bottom out. Anything inside a wall needs to be done right. I don't want...
  16. Kimster

Who puts plaster under a fiberglas tub shower?

Any problem with using a layer of poly (plastic) in between the floor and the mortar and the shower base and the mortar (just in case you need to take it out in the future or if you messed up)?
  17. Kimster

Thanks Tom. I wasn't intentionally trying to create slope there, but because of the way the stack is situated (it was installed crooked from the bathroom floor up through the roof), in the wall, I could only get the new ABS section with the new drain arm so far into the 2x4 wall. In order to get...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks