Clicker drain installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Kimster

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought an OS&B clicker lav drain (3535QCP) with no overflow for a wall-hung sink. There are no installation instructions and there is a foam ring/gasket included that I'm not sure where it's supposed to be used. The rubber gasket and slip washer are obvious, but is the foam supposed to replace plumber's putty? Not that I'd want to use it if that's where it goes.

Thanks!

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it does not have an overflow the rubber gasket on the bottom will seal everything. Usually plumbers putty and silicon are not required unless you just want to do it anyway on this type of sink. I do it on all sinks. If there are any gaps it helps to level things out. You could install the foam washer if you want in place of putty etc .

http://osb.ca/products/lav-drains/clicker/3535Q-BN.php#tab-specifications

Last edited:

Kimster

Reaction score
If it does not have an overflow the rubber gasket on the bottom will seal everything. Usually plumbers putty and silicon are not required unless you just want to do it anyway on this type of sink. I do it on all sinks. If there are any gaps it helps to level things out. You could install the foam washer if you want in place of putty etc .

http://osb.ca/products/lav-drains/clicker/3535Q-BN.php#tab-specifications
Thanks, Smooky! I used plumber's putty and it sealed well. I have one problem, though, and maybe there's a trick somewhere...

The tailpiece isn't plumb. I used a level on it and it's off so that when I went to see if it would line up with the new Ptrap, the tailpiece is at an angle. It's the right length, I have cut the trap to the right length (chrome trap) but am not sure if this is OK. The drain pretty much set itself when I tightened the nut on the tailpiece. I don't think there's a way to straighten it out. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would go with the supplied foam washer that replaces the putty.
Vessel lavs are special in that often the nut at the bottom is below the counter. It's more important that the seal under the flange is working.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks