Search results

1. snowbird0103

Water hammer-Clunk

I have a toilet in the Master bath that has a clunk(pipe rattle) after the tank is full and shuts off :confused: . It has a flowmaster 400a and I cleaned it to be sure there was no restriction. The inlet valve is open all the way. If I partially close the inlet there is no clunk but there is...
  2. snowbird0103

Bathtub Leak

After checking for leaks for three days, I am happy to report that the problem is solved. I particularly would like to thank Plumber 1 for sharing his knowledge and helping me solve the problem. Ed :)
  3. snowbird0103

Bathtub Leak

Poured 2 gallons of water over faucet plate and faucet. It leaks in the back collar and could possibly be the main leak since it travelled down the diverter pipe, the overflow pipe to the trap and down to the trap. I thought I polyseam sealed properly, perhaps I did not.
  4. snowbird0103

Bathtub Leak

Holy Mackerel. It at one time leaked from the back collar for the faucet, the diverter pipe, and the overflow by the straight pipe that goes to the trap. Will splash water, since I hopefully took care of these as my first step in plumber putty and polyseamseal. Will also check tub draining for...
  5. snowbird0103

Bathtub Leak

Cut opening. Found leak at trap, to trap is dry.
  6. snowbird0103

Bathtub Leak

Bahtub leak The tub is on the second floor. I can make an access to the tub via the closet behind it. Ed
  7. snowbird0103

Bathtub Leak

I used the plumbers putty and polyseamsealed all areas. Still have a leak. Have a plunger type tub stop and could not pull it out to clean. Any thoughts. Ed :(
  8. snowbird0103

Bathtub Leak

The house is 18 years old. We have just noticed a 1.5 inch diameter watermark on the ceiling directly under the bathtub. It must have just recently started. The unit is a fiberglass tub/shower unit. There is no access panel behind the unit. Thanks for any info. Ed :confused:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks